Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
I truly hope that the Scottish Open doesn't suffer for the 2nd year in a row from really poor weather! It would be such a shame, especially after last year's debacle with the land slide, and the reduction to 54 holes...

It would be a real bad luck story! It's such a beautiful course, and deserves to be seen in all its glory, and in decent weather!

Here's hoping...

http://www.castlestuartgolf.com/

ChrisP

Local club/country
Hawarden
OMG yes I forgot that last year, the landslide. Something very very strange going on with global warming and rain.

Hoping no forum members live too near rivers!!

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
We were on holiday about 40 mins from there whilst all this was going on. It was very localised as we were out on the beach on both the Saturday and Sunday in glorious weather. Couldn't believe the carnage that had happended on the Saturday until we saw it on TV.

Having had the good fortune to play the course, I have to say it is a special place indeed. If you ever get the chance..... go for it ;)

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Forecast isn't great... :-(

Such a shame - poor weather two years in a row!

t_zoid pro

HCP
Local club/country
Hurlston Hall
Irons
Mizuno MP53 4-PW. DG SL S300
Driver
Taylormade R7 quad 10.5 Stiff
Deemac said:
I truly hope that the Scottish Open doesn't suffer for the 2nd year in a row from really poor weather! It would be such a shame, especially after last year's debacle with the land slide, and the reduction to 54 holes...

It would be a real bad luck story! It's such a beautiful course, and deserves to be seen in all its glory, and in decent weather!

Here's hoping...

http://www.castlestuartgolf.com/
Decent weather? In the UK? In July?

You're asking a bit much there.

We could do with Mizuno launching a 'mud' iron specifically for UK use. Like a spade on the end of a project X shaft. I''m sure they'd do it beautifully.

Logie

HCP
Local club/country
Fleetwood GC/UK http://www.fleetwoodgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno MP Fli H4 3 & 4 Irons; MP64 5 - PW irons; MP T-10 52 & 58 deg wedges all with NS Pro 1150 G stiff shafts: MP650 22 degree hybrid regular Orochi shaft.
Driver
JPX 850 10.5 degrees: Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.3 Stiff.
The Moray Firth area has its own micro climate due to the effect of the Gulf Stream.

Am hoping that the weather for the event co-operates. The Championship and course both deserve it, especially after last year.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Looks like Phil Mickelson has just grabbed himself a spot. Good for the turnout I reckon.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Phil was always a regular at the Scottish because of his links with Barclays.

It was at the Scottish at Loch Lomond when I met him a couple of times on practice day... A really nice guy and a great player!!

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
I remember last year when Barclays dropped out, I said something along the lines of "that's the last we'll see of Phil then" so fair play to him supporting this tourny (even if was only because he missed the cut last week and had to hastily rearrange his schedule to get competitive rounds in before The Open)

I think it's fair to say that, as the poster boy for the event, Luke has finally become a bigger draw than Phil in Scotland, which is nice.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Just looked down the list of entrants. It's going to be a great four days golf if the weather is kind. It'll be hard to pick a winner in that field.

Here's hoping that Luke plays to form and gets a bit of confidence before The Open. In reality, I just hope the event gets some better press than last year. It's a great course in a stunning location and deserves to be given better coverage. Recent forecasts give showery weather Thur - Sat so if it's no worse than that it will be fine.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Was planning to head up there tomorrow for the practice day, but can't get the day off work! :-(

Wotsit

HCP
Local club/country
Dummer GC
Irons
MP 54 5 - PW (NS Pro 950)
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900
Deemac said:
Was planning to head up there tomorrow for the practice day, but can't get the day off work! :-(
Yes you can... cough cough......

(Am joking)

The course certainly looks good. Would love to play there one day though is a bit far to travel.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
Luke has started his defence well, -5 after 11 holes so far. Hope he can keep it going. Conditions seem ideal.

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
Crikey. I've just come out of a meeting to see Molinari 10 under thru 15.
Now, did I put him in my fantasy team this week......

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Castle Stuart seems to be the type of course that the tour guys eat up! Expect some low scoring this weekend!!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
BigPete said:
Graeme's Open predictions not looking so daft now eh?
Yes - they still are!! :lol:

GraemeJones

HCP
CONGU 3.9
Local club/country
http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 900 TOUR 5-PW, PX 5.5 shafts Standard length 2 degrees upright Titleist SM6 wedges 52,58 degree TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver JPX 825 3Wood MP650 hybrid 22* FLI HI 18* 24*

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Fantastic start by Molinari - WOW!!

Great start by the defending champion too (-5)!

Also a great start by Marc Warren (-4), another one I watch and follw closely - local lad and all that!!

Top Bottom