Recommend a great local Mizuno fitting centre

HCP
Local club/country
Sonning Golf Club
Irons
MP 25's
Driver
JPX 900, Speeder 661 XS
Had a fitting with Dan at Bearwood Lakes earlier today. Really knowledgable and a great experience, despite me finding myself unable to hit any sort of shot after about 30 minutes into the fit.

Gave some really good feedback on what to be looking for and I've come away with a great idea on what i'm going to go for next (most likely a set of MP25's).

Highly recommended.

2klix

HCP
Local club/country
Thorney Park Golf Club, Iver, Bucks
Irons
JPX 900 Chromoly 4&5i, 900 Forged 6-PW, Mizuno MP-T7 50°, 55°, 60° (all irons KBS Tour 90 Stiff)
Driver
Mizuno JPX900 10.5° Fujikura6 Stiff Shaft
I have a fitting with Dan at Bearwood Lakes booked for Saturday, it's been 4 years since last fitting on Swing DNA so will be interested to see what changes to my swing and iron technology has brought. 

Am considering JPX 900 forged or maybe MP25s, but will see what Dan and system recommends. 

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Let us know how it goes.  Dan at Bearwood knows his stuff.

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
MPX said:
Let us know how it goes.  Dan at Bearwood knows his stuff.
He does indeed and a true gent 

Tony

2klix

HCP
Local club/country
Thorney Park Golf Club, Iver, Bucks
Irons
JPX 900 Chromoly 4&5i, 900 Forged 6-PW, Mizuno MP-T7 50°, 55°, 60° (all irons KBS Tour 90 Stiff)
Driver
Mizuno JPX900 10.5° Fujikura6 Stiff Shaft
Hey guys, thought I'd report back on my fitting session with Dan yesterday at Bearwood Lakes Performance Centre.

I arrived 35 mins early and was pointed to their range where free balls were available to warm up before the session. It's a bit of a walk and was foggy so had wondered if I was heading to the right place!  After starting on my current T4 54 dgeree, then jpx 825 pro 8 & 6 irons to warm up, Dan came to find me. I found him really knowledgeable and a great experience during the hour helping me to relax and talk about my game. He started by asking what the main reason I had came for and what I was hoping to find from the fitting session.  It's been 4 years since I was fitted for my JPX 925 Pro's so was interested in a little extra yardage but more about consistent strike and tighter dispersion grouping. My swing is in reasonable shape and I know I'm never going to be the longest.

We started on the new DNA software and gave readings of 79, 3, 2, 3, 8. This came out with a few shaft recommendations and having tried the top 3, settled on the KBS Tour 90 Stiff. My second choice was the Nippon Modus 105 S, which gave me a mid-high flight, more penetrating than my current shaft with the 900 Forged heads. But overall the butt and tip feel from the KBS also gave me 2 mph increase in ball speed and dispersion of only 8 yards as opposed to 12 yards with the Modus. Having also tried the 900 hot Metal (and boy does it fly off the club face), but gave me too high flight and less feedback off the face, plus a little harder to shape due to spin rates, so not quite what I'm looking for these days, but if starting out these would go in the bag whilst my game improved.

The look and feel of the 900 forged were lovely, so the last head Dan passed me without telling my was the MP25's, which although I felt I hit well, there was a couple yards drop off in carry distance and I just couldn't get same accuracy as the 900 forged.  Guess my swing speed not quite up to hitting these beauties. I "felt" the weight in the club head a little more noticeable.  So I will probably go with hot metal in 4 & 5 with 900 forged in 6-pw. Then a bit of time with the new T7 wedges which I prefer in white satin, I'm a traditionalist although the blue are nice. Fitting on distance gapping is 50-07, 55-09, 60-10 wedges. 

I have booked a session to come back for the new JPX 900 driver and woods in early February which he said Jon & he had hit that week & had been very impressed and then later that day had a nice email from Dan confirming very good pricing and thanking me for the fitting. Overall a very pleasant experience which I'd recommend to everyone.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
I had a fitting with Dan, and I he recommended the MP25`s, with the Nippon modus 105 sflex shafts, 
 Dan, may be young but he is very knowledgable and he certainly knows his stuff,

Stewart 57

ste1010

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hall UK
Irons
JPX 825 Pro TT DG R300 +0.5" +2deg up
Driver
Callaway GBB 9*
Anyone recommend a fitting centre in the North East (Redcar).

I was fitted for my current irons by Karl @ GolfWorx when he was located at Yarm, but he has moved further North now. Can anyone recommend anywhere, otherwise it will be a drive out to Snainton about an hour away.

Thanks

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
check the mizuno website top right corner, and choose fitting centers, put in your postcode and search, rockliffe hall will come up aswell as others in your area 
its so easy to find.

I currently live in Norway. and could tell you who is local to you.  

Stewart

ste1010

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hall UK
Irons
JPX 825 Pro TT DG R300 +0.5" +2deg up
Driver
Callaway GBB 9*
Stewart 57 said:
check the mizuno website top right corner, and choose fitting centers, put in your postcode and search, rockliffe hall will come up aswell as others in your area 
its so easy to find.

I currently live in Norway. and could tell you who is local to you.  

Stewart

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
I had a fitting up at Close House Steve.  Pretty decent set up and good staff.  They also had a wide range of Titleist custom fitting gear and Callaway I think.  Not too far for a fitting and even time for a quick round!

HCP
Local club/country
Anywhere I can get a tee time
Irons
MP5 6-PW / MP25 4,5 KBS C Taper 130 X
Driver
TBD
I was recently fitted by Michael at Golftec in NW Calgary.  The experience was top notch and I can't wait to game my new irons.

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Deemac, I know this is a couple of years old but any reason why you say to avoid?

Just curious as I'm sometimes up around Notts with work so had thought about trying them for a fitting.

Cheers (and thanks to Hursty for pointing out the 'quote' button to me!  Maybe I'll progress to emoticons soon). 

Chrisp226

HCP
Local club/country
Preston GC Lancashire
Irons
MP18 2 iron MMC flihi TT X100 s/step - JPX 919 Forged 4-7 X100, JPXTour 8-PW X100 - T7 50/54/58 wedges
Driver
ST190G Atmos Tour black 6X ST190 3W TS Tensei CK Blue X
Hi all, first time on here, just been fitted for my 6th set of Mizzy irons, at Lytham golf academy (between Warton & Lytham) with Mike Newton. Currently have a set of MP33's with Rifle 6.0, +3/4in, +2deg upright but these are over 10 yrs old and hammered !!

As i'm getting back into the game properly for the first time in a long time I was looking forward to how the new generation of tech would help. I tried the MP5 / MP25 and JPX900 tour heads looking for feel, tight dispersion pattern and a mid (ish) ball flight, I wasn't looking for length, if I gained any that was simply a bonus.     

Mike knows his stuff, explains things without being overly technical and puts them into a practical context which I like. At this point I should mention I am very interested in the tech side of fitting so if we wanted to get technical then no problem,

I tried each head with a couple of different shaft options, some Mike didn't tell me which I was using so I could get a proper feel for the club. Besides the DNA system everything was backed up with the GC2/HMT launch system to evaluate results. We used Wilson range balls and the actual range not a screen, I came to Mike knowing what I was looking for, he didn't try to switch sell just worked with me to find the best spec for my game.

The end result was that I've bought a set of MP25's on +1/2in, KBS C Taper S shafts, +3deg upright with GP MCC plus 4 grips, interestingly the feel for me off the JPX 900 tour was like hitting a cast iron! didn't like it at all. I also found another 5 yards! putting my 6 iron out to 190 carry, not bad for an old git !

Conclusion, would definitely recommend LGA especially Mike to anyone looking for custom fitting, the setup is excellent, they use a separate fitting studio and there's no time pressure for the fitting, plus you don't pay for a fitting if you buy. 

kempy7063

HCP
Local club/country
Fulwell Golf Club UK
Irons
Mizuno MP59 5-PW 3-4 MPH4
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 9.5 / Project X 6.0 Black
I know it's not a local fit, but the Mizuno Tour Truck was in my area last weekend, so i went for a fitting.
Using golf WRX WITB, had seen quite a few players using the JPX 900 Tours.
I tried them out and have to say they were the best thing i've ever hit. Hit the MP 5 as well, but i preferred the slightly bigger head on the 900s.
Shaft Optimiser was interesting and got me into the KBS TOUR Stiff and two duds which flew everywhere. KBS TOUR ball groupings were tight, better than my current mp59 with DG S300.

Big thank you to the tour truck guys for a great fitting, 
Already bought the H5 3 Iron from Snainton to compliment my irons, just need to save up for the tours.

Kempy

HCP
Local club/country
Shotts/United Kingdom
Irons
Mizuno Pro225 5-PW KBS $Taper Reg
Driver
Mizuno ST-X 220, Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW 55 Reg
Cluny Clays just outside Kirkcaldy in Fife provide an excellent service.  I had a fitting from Kevin back in Oct 2013 for MP-54's and then for MP-T4 Wedges.  He was spot on.

Top Bottom