Quality Control ? Where Have You Gone !

Local club/country
West TYorkshire
Well my JPX 900 clubs arrived today in the pro shop - a month after being fitted - which was bad enough ( the promotional videos say 3-5 days hmmmm) anyway when I opened the box I was disappointed to find the grips were as ordered, the shafts were as ordered but the head was the wrong one ! Hot Metal and not the Forged as ordered.

So my question is how has this happened - surely there are checks as they go though the factory - and surely a double check as they are boxed and sent out..............How long will I now have to wait for a replacement set ?

Not impressed at all. Meanwhile you have had my money for a month.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Hi - the 5-7 days is genuine and most people get their irons well within that timeframe.  However - if we run out of heads for a period of time (which happened with JPX900 Forged), we inform the retailer and they will be able to pass on that info.

Incorrect orders - can happen for a variety of reasons.  More likely that at some point the order was placed as Hot Metal......by our customer service team or the retailer.  There's always an element of human input.  I'd guarantee the mistake didn't happen on the factory floor.  The process is thorough to say the least.

There will have been a spec sheet from the order in the box (did it match). Please get them back to your retailer and we'll rectify this with them.  Now heads are in we are back to 5-7 working days.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Rainbows End said:
Well my JPX 900 clubs arrived today in the pro shop - a month after being fitted - which was bad enough ( the promotional videos say 3-5 days hmmmm) anyway when I opened the box I was disappointed to find the grips were as ordered, the shafts were as ordered but the head was the wrong one ! Hot Metal and not the Forged as ordered.

So my question is how has this happened - surely there are checks as they go though the factory - and surely a double check as they are boxed and sent out..............How long will I now have to wait for a replacement set ?

Welcome to the forum

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Rainbows End said:

Having seen cases like this over the years, including myself being on the end of a month wait for MP32s, I can almost guarantee the fault is with your friendly local retailer. Most likely they forgot to do the order and c0cked it up. We're Mizuno fans but we're not blind to fault. I'd take your ire to your retailer.

And welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll love your clubs when they arrive. Plus the weather's rubbish, it'll be a blessed relief not to kill the clubs in the mud ;)

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Welcome to the forum,
 don`t worry it will get sorted,

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Update? Was it a problem with the retailer?

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
Rainbows End said:

Any update Rainbows End?
I'm guessing it's a retail error and that is why it's gone all quiet?
Hope to hear from you soon

Bubba

Local club/country
West TYorkshire
Finally got my replacement set of irons last Friday. Think they are correct but no paperwork / spec sheet !

Think this is down to a less than professional retailer shall we say ! Complaint has been registered.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Rainbows End said:
Finally got my replacement set of irons last Friday. Think they are correct but no paperwork / spec sheet !

Think this is down to a less than professional retailer shall we say ! Complaint has been registered.
My new 900s turned up in early January, they didn't have a spec sheet in the box either.

Anyone else?

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
My MP25s arrived in November with the incorrect grips on and no spec sheet. I ordered them with Golf Pride MCC multi compound +4 midsize grips and they arrived with standard sized grips on with 4 layers of tape....
To be fair to AG, they got me the correct grips ordered and fitted them 5 days later. As a stop gap they put me some othe midsized grips on and gave me a dozen Pro V1's as a way of compensation.

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
Rainbows End said:

No surprise here then

Bubba

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
Rainbows End said:

No surprise here then

Bubba
It's always easy to blame the manufacturer, but the problem invariably lies elsewhere.

Top Bottom