Putters - Are you a keeper or a changer???

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
My friend has a new putter every time I play golf with him, he changes all the time! A bit like Retif Goosen!

Me, on the other hand, I find a putter and stick to it - even when my putting is a little off! A bit like Tiger!

What are you? A changer or a keeper?

HCP
Local club/country
Kalajokigolf, Finland
Irons
JPX850 Forged 5-pw, regular, graphite. Cleveland 588 RTX wedges, 50 and 56 degrees.
Driver
Titleist 913 D2 10,5 degrees. Diamana Blue 62 regular shaft. Mizuno Widec fw3 and 5 woods.
Well, now it seems that i might become a changer!
My putter, Odyssey Two Ball, has left in deep troubles!
I have played with it about four years now!
I might even consider hacking it around a tree if it doesn't perform well next round! (Club championship next weekend)!!

I have tried Scotty Cameron and it feels very solid and good! Only the price tag is terrible! Over 300 euros of a putter!

By the way, i'm very pleased that somebody else did ko tiger last round!

-sarlinas-

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
You forgot the rotater. I have a TM Daytona,TM Monza and Scotty Futura. I`ve had them for a few years and still cannot work out which is for me. Love the feel of the Scotty but its far to light and tend to lag. Daytona is a CGB and is perfect except I miss the two footer when is counts most (yips). Monza has no feel to it
It cannot be me so perhaps I need to become a changer

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
sarlinas said:
Well, now it seems that i might become a changer!
My putter, Odyssey Two Ball, has left in deep troubles!
I have played with it about four years now!
I might even consider hacking it around a tree if it doesn't perform well next round! (Club championship next weekend)!!

I have tried Scotty Cameron and it feels very solid and good! Only the price tag is terrible! Over 300 euros of a putter!

By the way, i'm very pleased that somebody else did ko tiger last round!

-sarlinas-
If you like the Scotty - You'll like the Bettinardi C03 or BC03, both are cheaper than the Scotty, but arguably just as good!!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Go with the BC series if you are going Mizuno.. Scotty have fallen out of the most desired putter.. With that said - my Old Titleist Bullseye is the Winning standby..

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
I have to admit, that despite being a "keeper", if I was to change putters it would deffinately be the Ping G10 Craz-E I would go for!

Bruce

HCP
Local club/country
Longniddry
Irons
JPX 825 Pros 4 - PW, T4 Wedges 50, 54 60
Driver
Titliest 909 D2, TM RBZ Tour 3 wood, Titlesit 909 19dgr Hyrbid
Deemac

I have the C04 and the Ping Ugle. Once you have used the Bettinardi it's hard to go to a ping which has no feel. Don't get me wrong, the ping is so easy to align but in terms of feel it's like wearing a condom.

Bruce

Crichton1973

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
Tulliallan GC, Scotland
Irons
Taylormade RAC CB, KBS Tour stiff 3-PW.
Driver
Titleist 909D2, 10.5 deg Diamana Blue Board 73 Stiff.
Used a Scotty cameron Newport for a good few years and then switch to a 2 Ball blade which I've used for about 4 years so I tend to be a keeper. Find a swift kick to the head with the sole of the shoe just below the front toe tends to get the putter performing again :). PS don't miss and use your toe as this can hurt!

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Can't remember who it was now (I'm sure someone will remind me...), but the story of a proffessional golfer who was so angry with his putter, tied it to the rear bumper of his car and drove to the next tournament dragging it behind all the way really cracks me up!! :)

Pete Player

HCP
Local club/country
www.levi.fi
Irons
Mizuno MP-69 3-PW, Cobra Tour Trusty 52, 56°
Driver
Cobra BiO Cell+ MyFly 8.5° Matrix Ozic 6Q3 X-Stiff, TM R9 fwy woods
Would consider beeing a keeper. Started off with a couple of Ansers and got a RAM Wizzard blade as a b-day gift on my 30th. Then went on to NeverCompromise Voodoo heel shafted 34":r and have been stuck with it, even though it fails to work from hole to another.

Got totally mixed up after a grip change, since the angle was not just the same as last time. I'll be definetly in agony next time I change.

The orginal was like a pencil, and I went to Pride Special (full cord) and that made huge difference. Unfortunately it is no longer available, exept in some old stocks.

Kurobuta

HCP
??
Local club/country
Japan
Irons
MP-68 Black Oxide (4-PW) Rifle shafts; T10 Wedges (52* + 58*)
Driver
Mizuno MP-Craft S1 10.5*;Tour AD DI 44.5 inches
Bruce said:
Deemac

I have the C04 and the Ping Ugle. Once you have used the Bettinardi it's hard to go to a ping which has no feel. Don't get me wrong, the ping is so easy to align but in terms of feel it's like wearing a condom.

Bruce
i've been in the market for a new putter. currently using a Yes! putter.. but i was considering a Bettinardi.. but a bit on the expensive side..

you say this Bettinardi has good feel? hmm.. i might just need to try one of these..

Bruce

HCP
Local club/country
Longniddry
Irons
JPX 825 Pros 4 - PW, T4 Wedges 50, 54 60
Driver
Titliest 909 D2, TM RBZ Tour 3 wood, Titlesit 909 19dgr Hyrbid
Kurobuta said:
Bruce said:
Deemac

Bruce
i've been in the market for a new putter. currently using a Yes! putter.. but i was considering a Bettinardi.. but a bit on the expensive side..

you say this Bettinardi has good feel? hmm.. i might just need to try one of these..

The feel and the swing weight are just great, they are expensive new but I got my Bettinardi C04 from E**Y for £80 virtually new with headcover. Try one out in a shop to get the feel but look around before you buy.

Bruce

Top Bottom