DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
I wonder how different this is to the Ping cradle and iPhone? From what I read the Ping functionality was pretty basic and of questionable accuracy. 

Yep, not easy to find Mizuno putters! 

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
MP18 SC's along with MP S-18 wedges 52 & 58.
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 driver and 3 wood.
I'm still on the hunt for an A304 and I'd very much like to have a putter fitting as I've always just gone for putters I like the look of rather than what's best for me.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
dave_giz said:
I'm still on the hunt for an A304 and I'd very much like to have a putter fitting as I've always just gone for putters I like the look of rather than what's best for me.
If you're not bothered about the next putter being a Mizuno then go and see Mike Kanski at Formby Hall, he is Phil Kenyon's protege and runs the Harold Swash school there which is also an Odyssey fitting centre with loads of tech.

It cost me £40 for the Tour fitting experience when I went a few years ago.

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
Driver
hursty said:
dave_giz said:
If you're not bothered about the next putter being a Mizuno then go and see Mike Kanski at Formby Hall, he is Phil Kenyon's protege and runs the Harold Swash school there which is also an Odyssey fitting centre with loads of tech.

But have you improved as a result?

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
dave_giz said:
hursty said:
dave_giz said:

But have you improved as a result?
Putting has always been a strong part of my game, its the long stick that causes me issues!!

I had a #7 CS when i went and booked the fitting to see if the specs suited me or have it adjusted if it didn't.

I was initially assessed with my putter and from the data that was gathered he recommended that I keep my current putter but just work on impact position. I was hitting everything out of the toe but was very consistent with the strike position and stroke itself.

There was no trying to sell me a different putter as the one I had worked well already, it was me that was the problem!!

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Ah the memories of taping my rubbish work iPhone to my putter and using the Ping app! 

Seriously though, it told me I had a strong arc and my old putter wasn't ideal. Since then,  I replaced my putter and my stats have greatly improved. 

Great idea from Japan - just pop over there and get fitted DaveGiz?! 

dave_giz

HCP
Increasing
Local club/country
None curently
Irons
Driver
zombie said:

Great idea from Japan - just pop over there and get fitted DaveGiz?! 
I've recently booked a golf holiday with pals (no wife or kids), so I get the feeling it'll be a cold day in hell before I'll be allowed to do anything like that ever again.

Top Bottom