Performance Centre - Bearwood

welshhead

HCP
Local club/country
Radyr Golf Club
Irons
JPX919 Forged(Project X LZ 6.0), Wedges S5(51/56/61) (Project X 5.5). Odyssey Pro Type 7.
Driver
Driver ST180 (9.5 Tensei Orange Stiff), 3 Wood MP650 (Red Eye Stiff), Hybrid MP650(19)(Red Eye Stiff)
All, been around here for a long time. Not posted that much. I'm finally thinking of upgrading my MP53's. They are still I amazing condition however I had a quick bash with the 919 Forged the other day and they are far more forgiving. Also preferred the LZ version of the Project X over my standard one. My question is Where to get fit? Distance isn't an issue. I'm thinking of making the trek to Bearwood. I know Celtic Manor has a centre however I'm not sure how up to date it is. Does Bearwood justify the extra mileage? Do they CHARGE for the fitting? I think Celtic do (£50). Looking forward to getting new bats, love mine however its time for a change and bring myself up to date :).

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Have a word with DMT (Dan) - He is a member at CM & will give you the low down on how good they are & whether they charge etc
If you still decide to go to Bearwood, you will get first class service (from what I've heard)
Paul

welshhead

HCP
Local club/country
Radyr Golf Club
Irons
JPX919 Forged(Project X LZ 6.0), Wedges S5(51/56/61) (Project X 5.5). Odyssey Pro Type 7.
Driver
Driver ST180 (9.5 Tensei Orange Stiff), 3 Wood MP650 (Red Eye Stiff), Hybrid MP650(19)(Red Eye Stiff)
Thanks Paul. Just thinking if I'm going to spend £800+ then logistics are negligible. If I have to travel for the right service, so bit it....... :)

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Drop me a PM and I’ll send you my mobile if you want to give me a call. Over the last two weeks I’ve paid £50 at each of CM and Bearwood so should be able to answer your questions!

welshhead

HCP
Local club/country
Radyr Golf Club
Irons
Driver
Thanks DMT.

Jasper7

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode lol
Irons
MP-15, 5 to Pw, KBS Tour Stiff +1/2", 2 Deg Up
Driver
Titleist 915 AD Di-6 or Ys6+3 & 5W Orochi Stiff, 4 Hybrid Orochi Stiff
Drop me a PM and I’ll send you my mobile if you want to give me a call. Over the last two weeks I’ve paid £50 at each of CM and Bearwood so should be able to answer your questions!

Not needing it yet, but for future which did you prefer and why

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
My notes were as follows (sorry for lack of formatting....seems to be lost):

Hi, I was impressed with Jon at Bearwood. Plus there you hit Mizuno JPX balls. Celtic is range balls. Decent ones but if you favour real balls then I’d head to Bearwood. Celtic may let you hit off the grass.....not for the full fitting but just to check the turf interaction (maybe confirm beforehand so they know you expect this). Hitting off grass not an option at Bearwood. Celtic part refund fitting fee if a purchase is made but I sense this isn’t a deal breaker for you (I often pay for 2 or 3 fittings at different places to be 100% certain.....maybe I have trust issues!!). I wouldn’t buy from Bearwood. They’d need to post them to you and then if anything was wrong they’re a long way away. Maybe do the fit there but order locally? Depending on purchase value Celtic offer a night in the hotel or a round of golf. I think spend over £1k and it’s the 2010. Over £500 and Roman or Monty (which to be honest you can often get a cheap fee on anyway so maybe not much of an incentive). Celtic is also a Mizuno performance centre.....but they are also for Titleist and TaylorMade. Sad to say but from a Mizuno perspective Celtic doesn’t feel that “special”. I have lessons there so to me it also made sense to do a fit there as the guy knows my swing (which was awful during the fit). All things considered I think Bearwood would just edge it for me in your position, even with the travel. Maybe ask for Jon. I’m sure the others are good but I can definitely recommend Jon. Hope that helps.....give me a shout if you want to ask anything specific. At Celtic I’d ask for Kyle, Anthony or Dan Warwick.

Top Bottom