Old TP19 irons v New MP 62?

Local club/country
Ipswich Golf Club
Irons
titleist 690.CB
Driver
Ping G5 Graffaloy Prolite 35s 9.0
Hi Mizuno, I have been the proud owner of a set of TP19's S400 DG shafts, that have served me so well but are ready to be parked in the loft due to the amount of use and age. They have a wonderful feel and I love them. Will the new Mizuno MP 62 or 52 be so sweet to hit? Are they made from the same material/ type of steel, nickle plating etc. as I want the same feed back from my next set of irons? Is there a comparable set to the true blade TP19 on the market?

Regards M

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
There is no true blade, but the closest current model is the MP67, due to be replaced shortly by the 68. The MP33 blade is still available in the US, so may still be available here too. I think you would find that any of these, when fitted properly, will be more playable than the 19s, which were a great club but not the easiest to flight. You will also have a bigger range of shafts available to you, especially if you wait until the KBS are available.

The 62s are a very nice club too (I just bought a set), and certainly worth a demo but are more of a semi-cavity back, so to the true purist may be a compromise. Still, Luke Donald thinks they are OK!

I think the 52s might be a step too far for a 19 player.

Top Bottom