HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
So far we have 31 responses to the monkey survey thingy. 

Interesting stats so far but still not a big enough number to be representative of the folks that have attended in recent years. Is the passion for this event still there or should we just admit defeat and not bother next year? 

GraemeJones

HCP
CONGU 3.9
Local club/country
http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 900 TOUR 5-PW, PX 5.5 shafts Standard length 2 degrees upright Titleist SM6 wedges 52,58 degree TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver JPX 825 3Wood MP650 hybrid 22* FLI HI 18* 24*
No no no this event must carry on for at least one more year I need to defend my title and get to wear my jacket 

Jonesy 

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,

Got to keep it going,, where else can members get to meet ,

Stewart   :up:

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
zombie said:
So far we have 31 responses to the monkey survey thingy. 

Interesting stats so far but still not a big enough number to be representative of the folks that have attended in recent years. Is the passion for this event still there or should we just admit defeat and not bother next year? 
Wash your mouth out with soap Mr Zombie ...... 

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
How could you even think that Z? - 31 replies to any survey is pretty impressive I'd say? - As above, there are plenty of people here who have played previously & (depending on where) would love to play again - The 2016 one I played in was one of the best organised & enjoyable golf events I ever have played in - Keep up the good work Z ... Paul

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
Zombie,

Understand your frustration here definitely. You get a better return rate for the northern event than I do down south, although I would say the forum membership does probably skew to the north of the country, but yes it would be great to widen the net and get more people involved. I'm definitely planning on attending the northern event next year if I can.

Lack of attendance was one of the reasons I also did a survey before selecting dates and booked so far in advance, hoping more people would get involved, but not to be this year.

The effort of organising these events shouldn't be under estimated as well. I'm pretty disappointed I only got 11 people for this year's southern event, hopefully the fun of the weekend will make me want to go again for next year. 

Chris

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
Gents

All your efforts really do not go unnoticed, which is why I try my best to make these events.

Keep up the great work and for as long as there is a date to put in my diary, I will be there.

Tony:) 

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
JPX919 HOT METAL 5-PW , S5 54/58 WEDGES, LINE90 #2 PUTTER
Driver
JPX900
As a relative newbie to these events, I can confirm that they are excellently run & organised by those parties concerned. Really looking forward to OTGC next month. I run a few away weekends for my chums from my club & the RAF. It can get quite frustrating getting names to confirm their attendance, but once we are at the event al the frustration goes out the window. Carry on the good work guys.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Guys, I run a 32 person trip for a week to France and it consumes so much time and brain power. Every bit of help that can be afforded to Z & Chris should be. I will say though, cost is key. We do the full week in France for £500. That includes 6 rounds, villa, Channel tunnel, £30 prize money and a £20 security deposit.....

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Done

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
All right, all right I'll shut up and knuckle down like a big boy.  Some nice comments there and good to see that Chris and Brattz feel similar planning pangs.

I've got some valuable help in the form of Celtic_Bil so that's taking a bit of pressure off me.  Thanks Wayne!

So back to the survey.  

32 responses and nothing that ground breaking to report.

You lots are pretty easy going and flexible to be honest.  You don't care too much which month we play but Friday and Saturday golf is the hot favourite.  No preference for type of course and an even split for same or different courses over the two days.

Not that fussy about food (but a big NO for buffets) and a small percentage want spa type facilities.  Stay onsite or offsite but as long as the majority stay in the same place.

25% want the package under £200 which is tough to find, but 60% happy to pay up to £300.  Just 3 folks said money is no object so I have a record of them and will ensure they buy the first five rounds!

A lot of good input about the actual course with an underlying theme of a Mizuno fitting centre popular.  Some of you clearly don't know what "Northern" means though, so time to get your AA Road Atlas out of the car and do some reading up.

The survey is still open so feel free to pitch in folks.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Trying to think what golf course is close to the MIzuno factory . would be nice to have the northern event near there and have a Factory visit included.............

Stewart 57

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
Driver
JPX900
I like your thinking Stewart. I was offered a factory tour last year, but unfortunately couldn't get the dates off work!

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Stewart 57 said:
Trying to think what golf course is close to the MIzuno factory . would be nice to have the northern event near there and have a Factory visit included.............

Stewart 57
Cumbernauld

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
Firstly we all know that north is anywhere north of the Watford Gap so don't feel like it needs to be a 7 hour drive for us southern softies!

eddzoid

HCP
Local club/country
Swaffhamgc.co.uk
Irons
Driver
JPX900
A 7 hour drive is a pilgrimage to me !:D

RobB2

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.lilleshallhallgolfclub.co.uk/
Irons
MP25 4-6,MP5 7-PW,PX 6.0 ,Mizuno T7 50,54,58 all PX6.0,,TM M2 3 wood 15 deg Aldila Rogue Silver 70 stiff,Mizuno JPX 800 3 hybrid Fubuki stiff .TM Spider Tour Black 34".Ball- Vice Pro +
Driver
Taylor Made M2 10.5 Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff
Any news yet Z? I need to start planning for next year.Already got captains week sorted  for September and a Wales trip in October.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Still working on this Robb2. May 11th and 12th or 18th and 19th are looking possible. 

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
zombie said:
Still working on this Robb2. May 11th and 12th or 18th and 19th are looking possible. 
Good news Z! - Any hints as to where though?
Paul

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
We're aiming at North East Engerlund PaulBoy but nothing yet is concrete. 

Top Bottom