New Version of Swing DNA Shaft Optimizer soon to release?

jnagel

HCP
Local club/country
Shaker Ridge Country Club
Irons
MP 53 5-PW
Driver
Callaway Epic 9.0
Hi All,

I was watching a review of the JPX 919 Hot Metal irons by Tour Experience Golf (
) and they mention at the end of the video that a new version of the Shaft Optimizer will be out soon.

Has anyone heard any details about this? If so, can you share? Will it be worth waiting for? I'd like to pull the trigger on the 919s sooner than later, but I will wait if there will be a significant advantage to using the new system. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Something I need to do is be fitted again once my shoulder heals. My Orthopedist is also a golfer... (He is misguided enough to use Callaways) He said at the point I have healed and no longer have pain, my range of motion will still be limited. At the point when he says it's OK to play golf again, I'll need to work on how much I can get out of whatever my swing looks like at that time. Whether my range of motion ever returns to what it was the last time I was fitted will definitely be a question.

Hopefully the new swing analyzer will be in the fitting centers by then.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Well worth getting a fitting once you've got to that point Dennis. I had to fully re-evaluate my golf swing after my accident. I was never a "thrasher" always played a slower, rythmical swing, but losing range of motion seriously affected my ability to swing a club. It was a case of relearning a game I had played for 40 hrs. Got senior graphite shafts, midsized grips, in a GI iron and that was my key to getting back on the course.

It's worth the effort to find your key to getting back on the course. Hope all goes well.

David

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
I’m booked in at Bearwood next Tuesday. I’d be curious too as to what the new software offers. Although I wouldn’t postpone the fitting. Times I’ve used it before it has been a good start point perhaps, but fitters have wanted to try shafts not listed on occasions.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
The advantages of the new software / optimizer is more for the fitter than the golfer. In the end it recommends 3 shafts to try - same as now.

Fitters will love it as they no longer have to enter the swing DNA manually (all bluetooth). Plus the new system also does lie angle (no more tape / boards). But the benefits are for the fitter - you'll end up with the same spec.

LOS

Local club/country
England
The advantages of the new software / optimizer is more for the fitter than the golfer. In the end it recommends 3 shafts to try - same as now.

Fitters will love it as they no longer have to enter the swing DNA manually (all bluetooth). Plus the new system also does lie angle (no more tape / boards). But the benefits are for the fitter - you'll end up with the same spec.

As per the Japanese site:

dna..jpg

jnagel

HCP
Local club/country
Shaker Ridge Country Club
Irons
MP 53 5-PW
Driver
Callaway Epic 9.0
Thank you LOS! That's exactly what I was looking to find out. Thanks again!

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
The new US / EU system will output data in the same way as the current system - the shaft optimizer itself will be updated. Not sure how they currently do it in Japan, but custom (from a swing measurement perspective) is slightly less evolved there.

Top Bottom