Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Looks nice, but....

Should be blue.
According to the golf trade and press - blue has been Mizuno's biggest problem on drivers. Guess we're about to find out. It has seemed to make a difference with the tour guys we've seen. So for that alone, probably had to move to something more neutral.

Not dead forever.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
According to the golf trade and press - blue has been Mizuno's biggest problem on drivers. Guess we're about to find out. It has seemed to make a difference with the tour guys we've seen. So for that alone, probably had to move to something more neutral.

Not dead forever.
My advice - as somebody who pays for clubs, instead of being given them - is keep blue for driver/wood heads and ditch the gimmick that is blue wedges.

Years ago you offered grey wedges.

I've currently got T7 wedges in satin. Would look ace in grey.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Fair bit of momentum on the woods. 3rd one in play so far on the PGA Tour this weekend - Luke now has one in the bag and feedback from his looks really good. Luke's went into play after minimal testing.

Attachments

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Nice video from the Tour Performance Studio - just in case anyone missed it.

SP76

HCP
Local club/country
Mount Wolseley
Irons
taylormade rocketbladez
Driver
Mizuno ST180
I hate to say it because sounds so cliched...........but the 190 is light years ahead of the 180. Our tour tech boys are very excited about it,
I am already sold on the st190 no question, only put the ST180 in the bag a couple of months ago and it’s been a game changer, I do feel the blue color feels dated now so delighted to see this will be in black and have heard fantastic things so far on the st190 so it’s a done deal for me ?

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
If only there was a seven wood option again like there was in the JPX 900. I really love my 5 Wood, have a few issues with my longest iron and the CLK Hybrid is not my Cup of tea. Sadly I didn't get either a JPX 900 Hybrid nor the 7 Wood that was available in the JPX 900 so there is a bit of a discrepency at that part of my bag. Well no mind, just hoping for the release of the next Hybrid then, should come with the release of the new MPs this fall right? Hoping if it's black again, which I sadly think it will be, that it will at least be this shining black, really do not like matte black golf clubs, maybe that's just me.

I do hope that you do well with the new Drivers even though I'm sticking with my beloved JPX 900. I read posts from a lot of people that they are very excited for this driver, which wasn't the case with the previous releases so fingers crossed!

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
When are the full custom shaft options expected to be available? I was lucky enough to test the ST190 a little wile back and loved it apart from the ATMOS. Probably the best looking Mizuno driver since the 650 and a lot more forgiving. Will be in the bag with the right shaft option....here is hoping Mizuno will (finally) expand the custom options to cover at least all of MRC & Fuji offerings beyond ATMOS & the non-pro Tensei.

EDIT@jonbek: I was told second week of February for first retail deliveries.

Last edited:

jonbek

HCP
Local club/country
Heaton Moor GC, Stockport UK
Irons
Mizuno mp18 sc
Driver
Titleist 917 d2
When can I order this through the rep? Going to get this along with the 919 tours and s18 wedges

HCP
Local club/country
Knole Park
Irons
MP5, S300, 1* flat, 2* strong
Driver
Ping G400 8.5*, HZRDUS X-Stiff
When can I order this through the rep? Going to get this along with the 919 tours and s18 wedges
Got my S18 wedges, quite simply the best wedges I've ever had and I've gone through my fair share.
Also got a fitting for the 919 Tours - great minds!

All the best

HCP
Local club/country
Knole Park
Irons
MP5, S300, 1* flat, 2* strong
Driver
Ping G400 8.5*, HZRDUS X-Stiff
Eddie was using one today, looked like the G version from what I could tell on telly. Interesting it got his trusty G400 out of the bag, he loved that old driver.

Top Bottom