New Putter In The Bag

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Well, after a good round this morning I took a run to a local retailer Golfclubs4 Cash,  based only a mile down the road, to see what they had on the putter shelves. I took an old set of MP58S with me in the hope of getting something for them to contribute to my intended purchase.

Well, this place is stacked floor to ceiling with golf gear. A right old Aladdins cave. I was looking for an Odyssey #7 of some sort and was hoping to get one in reasonable used condition. I tried a few and really wanted one with a larger Super Stroke grip already fitted. I was looking at two in good condition and with the SS grip. After hitting a variety of putts on their mat, I had made my decision. However, the sales assistant threw a spanner in the works. I was offered an excellent price for my old MP58S,  not used at all since my accident 4 years ago, so they were in good condition. An offer beyond what I was expecting. This opened the door to look at some of the higher value putters on offer.  I ended up with a pristine condition O Works #7 complete with a Super Stroke mid slim 2 grip factor fitted. Looking at it, I began to wonder if it had ever been used in anger.

Very happy with the condition of the new putter and hoping it can help me on the greens this year. It should get a wee test tomorrow as I'm off again tomorrow and hoping to get another wee game in if the weather stays fine :)

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Great to find something as good as this putter sounds - Putt well with it
Paul

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Used it when out earlier today and it worked really well for me. Always liked the style of putter, but this one looks like it will be a "keeper".

That said, I've only used three putters since 1995. An Odyssey Dual Force Rossie an original Two Ball and a Mizuno Bettinardi BC 3.  Had to bench the BC3 after my accident and go back to the Two Ball as I just couldn't control the BC3 when making a stroke. A heavier head with a good balance and a "fat" grip make such a difference for me. Strange how the body can forget how to do something you've done for years and isn't capable of relearning it to the same degree, no matter how much you practice the moves.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
This place is indeed an Aladdins Cave and also about a mile from my new single man digs. 

Tons and tons of gear and the source of that retro driver we had at the Craigielaw event. What happened to that?? 

:D 

Top Bottom