Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Been in contact with the company who make the forum software - XenForo Ltd.
They even replied to a message I sent on a Sunday.
We are going to purchase it for a project at work.
Best forum software I've used.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Thanks - keep the feedback coming. It’s all new to us as well.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Well apart from getting locked out of the new forum! (maybe someone was telling me I've been spending too much time here?) I like the new version & now that I can use it, I will report back on any issues ...
Paul
PS - Thanks to MPX for getting me back on the forum :cool:

HAIRY ESSEX BLOKE

HCP
Local club/country
Fabulous Frinton on Sea ESSEX
Irons
MP53 4-PW MPT 10 51 & 54 deg various fairways & hybrids plus MX23, MP18MMC, MMC hi fli CLK hybrids T7 wedges
Driver
Mizuno MX700 JPX EZ ,GT & ST180 & ST180G

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Glad to be of service!
Been in contact with the company who make the forum software - XenForo Ltd.
They even replied to a message I sent on a Sunday.
We are going to purchase it for a project at work.
Best forum software I've used.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Voice of doom here. I don’t like it for my iPhone at all. Hard to see recent posts and it just doesn’t seem to fit my screen. Maybe I need to use a laptop for buy a phone with a bigger screen.
Bananas

Last edited:

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
Voice of doom here. I don’t like it for my iPhone at all. Hard to see recent posts and it just doesn’t seem to fit my screen. Maybe I need to use a laptop for buy a phone with a bigger screen.
Bananas
You are using the wrong phone.

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
Bananas
yeah i agree nokia 3100 isnt the most compatable device, but look on bright side playing snake is awesome :)

in all seriousness its ace on iphones, and has even more info if you turn to landscape mode :)

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Message from our developer.

"Thank you for the feedback on the site everyone. We have read through this thread and been looking at how people use the forum and are planning on making some updates.

Some of you have mentioned that the header is quite large so we are going to be reducing the size of it to bring the content higher up.

We are going to be making some updates to the mobile version of the site. For some users the site is stretching beyond the screen and hiding some important buttons (iPhone 5/se for us). We are also going to adjust the size and position of some of the titles and buttons across the site when on smaller screens to make it even sleeker on mobiles.

The forum also currently doesn't show emojis added through your phones keyboards. We will be enabling these but it requires some testing before we make this update. Until then you can add emojis by clicking the smiley face button in the UI when writing a post.

We are really happy that the redesign has been received positively. If you have further ideas or comments please post them here for us to review and factor into our plans, and we'll work to get the above updates and issues resolved ASAP. Many thanks!

We chose Xenforo for a multitude of reasons:
  • The admin interface is clean, easy to use for basic tasks and in depth enough to allow for drastic updates to the forum.
  • The user experience is much better "out of the box" than other forum software that we looked at.
  • We are more confident of the security of Xenforo over the previous software that we were using (phpBB).
  • Xenforo has a respectable add-on and theme community. Their support forums are also extensive and actively maintained. Due to this we were confident that if we had an issue or feature we wanted to add it would not be prohibitively time consuming to resolve it.
  • Xenforo templates are easier to edit and customise compared with other forum software we have used.
  • Xenforo is able to import forum data from phpBB. This required importing the previous forum into an older version of Xenforo then updating but we were happy with the process and, more importantly, the results."

Last edited:

RobCH

HCP
Local club/country
Nomadic
Irons
JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, JPX FliHi 4, T7 50, 54, 58 wedges. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver
GT180 driver & 3 wood, JPX 900 3 Hybrid
Just relieved to find that after a bit of an absence I wasn't classed as deadwood.. It all looks much better/cleaner to me, so trebles all round.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
Driver
ST-G
MPX, how do deal with spammers who completely deface the forums by posting lots of spam threads?

We've recently setup a forum using Xenforo and we get no end of spammers. Mostly from China.

We are currently dealing with it by manually approving the 1st post of new users.

How are you dealing with it?

Top Bottom