New irons needed. Recommendations, please.

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Some b a s t a r d took a shine to my MP53’s. And T7 wedges. And woods. And putter. And bag.

I need replacements. Any recommendations?

Attachments

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hi Nick ... Really sorry to hear about this - Was this at your club or elsewhere? - If the former, will pass the word around about thieving bar stewards in the area ...
As to replacing them, you might be tempted to try the new MP18 range which obviously covers the cavity back through to full on blade, but having bought a set of JPX900 Forged this year I can't recommend them highly enough - I think they look fantastic & performance wise they are substantially longer than the MP5's they replaced - Nice compact head in the short irons too (which I prefer) - Blended well with the T7 wedges too which I see you were using ...
Good luck in the search & once again "sorry for your loss"
Paul
PS - If you need irons to use, I have 2x sets of Mizunos here you can borrow (& other clubs including a #7 Odyssey!)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Oh that's shocking mate.

I hope you have some way of being compensated but it's a kick in the teeth to have your personalised gear nicked. 

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Gutting,

What was the set up ie lofts / grips etc? Will keep an eye out on the facebook groups in case anyone chances their arm

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Thanks guys. Theft took place outside my home.

I have plenty of other sets to choose from for the time being, but hopefully the insurance will pay for replacements.

The 53’s have the American numbering system on the hosel, with KBS Tour shafts and red Golf Pride grips. I had MX700 15/20/23 wood/hybrids with Orochi blue eye shafts, and the EZ 2016 driver with Speeder shaft. There was also a BRAND NEW JPX900 3 wood with Speeder shaft.  

I’ll look on eBay & Gumtree, but I’m not hopeful.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Oh man, that sucks! :( Hopefully your gear will be found in good condition and the criminals are drawn and quartered. :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Oh man, that just makes me so mad. I hope the thief is caught and I hope you either get your sticks back or insurance covers everything.

I'm playing the 900 series Hot Metal irons and now that I have gotten them adjusted to my needs, I'm really happy with how workable they actually are. I have to admit though, having just seen the MP-18 series for the first time last Saturday, they are simply gorgeous.

Top Bottom