Mx300 feel

TonyT

HCP
Local club/country
Australia
Irons
Mx300
I'm a bit of a mizuno tragic and have been playing a well worn set of mx300 irons for a while. Recently I was able to find a set of barely used mx300s to replace my old set. Problem is they just don't feel the same. I've tried to replicate everything from shaft to grip, but there is just something wrong. They just don't feel as soft.
Research has lead me to believe that the old set is a European delivered set and the new set is the US delivered set (serial number in a different location).
Can anyone shed some light on this....

Cheers Tony

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Heads will still all come from the same place initially - even if eventually they were delivered to US / Europe. So that's an odd one. Some kind of difference in the assembly.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I would argue it might be Nostalgia. It might be the same build of clubs, but they're just not your old faithfuls. I believe in Golf it's usually the mind playing tricks on you. Might be the case as well here ;)

LOS

Local club/country
England
Have you compared the swingweight between the 2 sets? It may be that your replacement set has been custom built to a different spec. I am fortunate in that I take std length and lie for Mizuno clubs of this era and I still have set of MX300's which I bought of the shelf and there is no serial number or build date on the ferrule or hosel which was common practice in Europe for a std set.

Top Bottom