MX WEDGES LEFT HANDED

Local club/country
Hilton Park Golf Club
Irons
Mizuno Mx 200 3-PW
Driver
Taylormade R7 Superquad 10.5 degree Regular shaft
I recently purchased a custom fit set of Left handed mx200 irons 3-PW. I am delighted with them, however, I am extremely disappointed to find that I am unable to purchase left handed MX Wedges as Mizuno do not make these clubs. The MX200 irons have given me increased confidence and distance and I could do with a gap wedge. Can you tell me if Mizuno have any intention of providing MX Wedges in left handed options in the near future. Notwithstanding this can anyone offer me an alternative wedge option with the same cavity option that I have benefitted from since using the MX 200 Irons. My current set is standard lie/loft, with 5.5 Project X SHAFT and Mizuno grips with 4 layers of tape

Alastair Gibson

HCP
Local club/country
FIFE
Hi John

I am a leftie and lack of certain clubs has been a thorn in my side also.

What i would say though is that my mx25's play similar to mx200's in terms of forgiveness and i play with Mizuno mp R series wedges in lofts 52,56 and 60. The extra feel you may find you get on shots within 100yards will out weigh any lack of forgiveness they provide compared to a cavity back wedge in what is after all not a club you want to be going after too hard anyway.

I think if you can play your MX200's and Superquad well enough you wont struggle with blade wedges. certainly worth trying them out.!!

You might need any 52degree wedge you buy to be bent forward to 50 to be a proper gap wedge as your mx200 PW has 46 degree of loft i think compared to 48degrees in old fashioned PW's! thats what i have done anyway. It helps with distance gaping i find. Mizuno will do that for you when you order and it doesnt mark club.

I'd try the R series or T series they feel awesome and they look gorgeous too!! Hope this helps.

Cheers Alastair

Top Bottom