MX-950 Discontinued?

nicu2001

HCP
Local club/country
USA
Hello,

I understand that MX-950 has been discontinued? I am considering buying a new set for almost 1/2 off and I see that they are discontinued. Is there a replacement model that I should wait on? I think given the price it is still worth it to go with the 950s but I wanted to see why they would be discontinued if they are as good as people say.

I am coming to Mizuno from Callaway X-18s with regular steel and I did not really like them. I am going with Stiff steel for this set as recommended by a club fitter.

Cheers,
Mike

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Lot's of reasons that models are discontinued. In this case performance wasn't one of the reasons. Possibly some golfers didn't like the idea of the hybrids packaged within the set - especially if they have hybrids already.

These hybrids are what we call DLR's (Direct Long Iron Replacements) - which means they are a little different to mst hybrids out there. The shaft is the same length as the iron it replaces making it much better at plugging the correct distance gap.

Possibly a little much for people to take in.

However, the MX-950 is brilliant at what it does - hitting the ball very straight without losing much on miss hits.

Top Bottom