MX-560

hax

HCP
Local club/country
FI
Driver
Mizuno MX-560
I noticed some people have commented on MX-560 noise level. I am also using MX-560, finding it really forgiving and straight and long..

..but I cannot use my driver due to the extreme noise. Playing alone I sometimes use earplugs; playing with others that would be a bit embarrassing, so I tend to avoid the driver. Sometimes the noise is not too high, but more often than not, especially hitting higher on the driver face, I can feel pain in my ear. I don't think all the MX-560 may have the problem as bad, hence my question: can I do something about it?

Maybe the noise is extra strong if I hit it some way off? Or can I do anything to the driver itself to dampen this? Any help/comments from staff or fellow users are welcome. I would really like to use my driver more.

Draghook

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX-800 Pro
Driver
mp-630
I had MP-600 - great sound. I've gone the other way and changed to the MX-700. Sound not quite as good as the MP-600, but really not bad at all. Couldn't ignore the extra distance.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Draghook said:
I had MP-600 - great sound. I've gone the other way and changed to the MX-700. Sound not quite as good as the MP-600, but really not bad at all. Couldn't ignore the extra distance.
You hit the 700 longer than the 600???

What shaft is in the 700 and what shaft was in the 600, and what lofts were the two clubs?

Draghook

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX-800 Pro
Driver
mp-630
Both 10.5 with the reg Exsar shaft. I get a much better flight with the 700. The 600 came out a little low. Didn't get the same carry.

Maybe overall distance is similar. But I like carrying the ball a bit further.

Top Bottom