HCP
Local club/country
Cuddington
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-PW, MP-R 52-07 wedge, MP-T 56-11 wedge
Driver
Ping G2, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Hi all,
I am currently using MP30's, with Dynamic Gold Lite S300 shafts. They work well, love the look. but considering an upgrade. Which is clsoest to the MP30 in the current range of clubs, and does anybody have an opinion on whether the newer range will offer any advantage?

Thanks

Grilled Cheese

HCP
Local club/country
Mizuno Golf Club/USA
Irons
Split Set - MP H5 (3 - 5), MP-64 (6 - PW), MP T5 (51, 58)
Driver
Mizuno MP-630 10.5 with Fujikura F3 70 Stiff
If you're an MP-30 fan, you should definitely try the MP-62s. Very similar look at address except the short irons have been re-shaped a bit (a very necessary move if you ask me). 62s are a hair more forgiving while feeling even more blade-like.

Hit em and share your thoughts on em! I can't wait to hear!

ajb72

HCP
Local club/country
The Leicestershire
Irons
MP57 - Nippon 950 shafts 0.5" longer, 2 degrees upright. Titleist Vokey wedges 52, 56 and 60 degree. Yes Diana Putter
Driver
MX700 10.5 degree NVS reg shaft
I would also have a close look at the MP57's. They look as pretty as the MP30's but are more playable!

HCP
Local club/country
King James V1 Perth Scotland
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-pw and MP57 4-pw - Mizuno T series wedges 52 & 56 deg.
Driver
Ping G5
Hi,
I recently changed from MP30 irons to MP57's . I have to say that I also changed from Dynamic Gold r300 shafts to Nippon 950 shafts. At first I liked the change and perhaps should have committed to the new clubs but I continued to play and practce with both sets and compare shots.
This has not worked and the new mp57's are now stored away for some time in the future. To me the MP30's are a better club and maybe I should have tried the MP62 model. Perhaps it is just the different shaft that I am having difficulty adjusting to. The club is much lighter.
I would advise caution until you are sure of the clubs you want then get rid of the old ones !

Bruce

HCP
Local club/country
Longniddry
Irons
JPX 825 Pros 4 - PW, T4 Wedges 50, 54 60
Driver
Titliest 909 D2, TM RBZ Tour 3 wood, Titlesit 909 19dgr Hyrbid
Just a quick point.

For any comparison to be valid you can only change one variable. The fact you changed your clubs and shafts doesn't allow you to do this. It will be impossible to tell which of the two changes is contributing to your poorer results.

ajb72

HCP
Local club/country
The Leicestershire
Irons
MP57 - Nippon 950 shafts 0.5" longer, 2 degrees upright. Titleist Vokey wedges 52, 56 and 60 degree. Yes Diana Putter
Driver
MX700 10.5 degree NVS reg shaft
marsh said:
Hi,
I recently changed from MP30 irons to MP57's . I have to say that I also changed from Dynamic Gold r300 shafts to Nippon 950 shafts. At first I liked the change and perhaps should have committed to the new clubs but I continued to play and practce with both sets and compare shots.
This has not worked and the new mp57's are now stored away for some time in the future. To me the MP30's are a better club and maybe I should have tried the MP62 model. Perhaps it is just the different shaft that I am having difficulty adjusting to. The club is much lighter.
I would advise caution until you are sure of the clubs you want then get rid of the old ones !
If the clubs feel light to you, this is very likely to be the shafts you have fitted as these make a dramatic difference to the feel of the club. I changed my MP60's from Dynamic Golds to the Nippon 950's in order to hit higher shots and they transformed the feel and playability for the better in my case. However, that won't suit everyone so have you considered going back to Mizuno to test other shafts and perhaps changing your MP57's, rather than abandoning a cracking set of clubs?! The cost of this shouldn't be too bad.

Gansy

HCP
Local club/country
Moor Allerton / UK
Irons
Mizuno / MP57 / 3-PW / DG S300
Driver
Mizuno MX 560 10.5 Prolaunch red stiff
I have recently changed from MP30s to MP57s, both with DG S300s. Would highly recommend the 57s - more forgiving but the same fantastic feel!

Algy

HCP
Local club/country
Cuddington
Irons
Mizuno MP30 3-PW, MP-R 52-07 wedge, MP-T 56-11 wedge
Driver
Ping G2, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Well, after much thought and trial, I went with a set of MP-57, DG R300, all set 1 deg flat, which have now been in play for about 1 month.

Overall, a good change - the feeling seems to be better than my MP30's, which means I'm probably hitting more shots out of the middle of the club and I've also gained another half club in distance, which is a bonus.

At some stage in the future, when I am really comfortable with the clubs, I may book myself in for a Mizuno fitting session to ensure that there are no other performance gains to be got.

In the meantime, thank you Mizuno, great clubs.

Top Bottom