MP18'S Custom fit lead times

HCP
Local club/country
Hartley wintney
Hi,

I ordered a combo set PW-7 in MP18 Blade and 6-4 in SC custom fit from Mizuno fitting day from my local driving range. Told that the lead time is usually 5-7 working days by the Mizuno fitter. So happily ordered the set.
Now 3 weeks later after I enquired where my clubs are, I am now being told they will not be ready until at least another 4 weeks. That will be 7 weeks. What a joke, I got my car built quicker than this. I wouldn't mind if my custom build was difficult but all I am is XP115 shaft and 1 degree upright.
I have had no real apology from Mizuno just that's what it is. I really feel like cancelling and getting my money back

not happy

streuner

HCP
Local club/country
GCC Blumisberg
Irons
Mizuno MP18 MMC Project X LZ steel
Driver
Cobra F6+ Miyasaki jdl6 shaft
Hi. I did order the MMC version and that one was available but the matching FliHi head was not.
but at the 2nd october week I got. my order. Switzerland is Not that fast usually. 

HCP
Local club/country
Hartley wintney
Seems mizuno has an issue with the MP18 blades heads. Can't believe that it will take about 8 weeks. Bit of a joke really. Bet they find the heads for the pros who don't pay.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Sorry - missed this conversation.

We can still do 3-5 days when we have all the heads.  But between the blade, SC, MMC and  Fli-Hi there are a lot pf combos and some heads within that flow can run out - especially in the early days when we haven't any sales patterns.

Between the overall demand for MP-18 being very high and more bladed short irons going in with MMC and SC, we ran out of those heads very quickly.

Keep in mind that there's essentially a 4 month lead time on grain flow forged heads, it doesn't take much to knock things off kilter.  We did make up most of the back orders this week and a bit more clued up now on what set combos people are ordering.  

Definitely not in our interests to make people wait - it's bad for us too.  It's just a little tricky early in the product lifecycle - especially when it's as popular as the MP-18.  Amplifies any other forecasting miscalculations.  One of the downsides of attempting to offer the level of service that we do.  We make it quite hard to pull off.

In our defence - we don't hold onto anyone's money while they wait.  Plus we let the retailer know the moment the order comes in if there is a problem.

The irons are very special and hopefully you'll play with them for years to come.  So if you can be patient with us, we'd appreciate it.  

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
MPX, I ordered a set of T7 wedges on Tuesday, any chance of them being here by Friday? :)

bartlettds

HCP
Local club/country
Hartley wintney
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have now received my irons (took 5 weeks) and as good as I expected.

Chrisp226

HCP
Local club/country
Preston GC Lancashire
Irons
MP18 2 iron MMC flihi TT X100 s/step - JPX 919 Forged 4-7 X100, JPXTour 8-PW X100 - T7 50/54/58 wedges
Driver
ST190G Atmos Tour black 6X ST190 3W TS Tensei CK Blue X
Just posted on another thread, my MP18 (3-PW) & MMC fli-hi 2iron have just taken 3days to arrive that’s order/assembly/dispatch & delivery in 3 working days !!!! That’s what you call service.

Top Bottom