MP14 or MP29

Kurobuta

HCP
??
Local club/country
Japan
Irons
MP-68 Black Oxide (4-PW) Rifle shafts; T10 Wedges (52* + 58*)
Driver
Mizuno MP-Craft S1 10.5*;Tour AD DI 44.5 inches
Hello All~

I just started golfing last year, and it didn't take me too long to dump my TM tour burners for a new set of custom fitted MX-200s! I think i've turned into a bit of a Mizuno fanboy..

I recently came across a set of used MP14 and MP29s for sale.. I know that I am still far away from being able to play these blades.. but in the interest of wanting to try them out.. and also have something in my bag that i can play around with once in a while.. I was thinking of picking one of them up..

the MP14s have a weaker loft than the 29s.. and from what i can tell, the 29s are a big stronger and bit bigger.

Anybody have experience playing both of these? I would like opinions/pros/cons, etc..

i wonder if they are too old? better to get into one of the newer blades?

the price is right for these.. so i don't mind buying them now and holding on to them..

what do you guys think? thanks in advance!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
Kurobuta said:
Hello All~

I just started golfing last year, and it didn't take me too long to dump my TM tour burners for a new set of custom fitted MX-200s! I think i've turned into a bit of a Mizuno fanboy..

I recently came across a set of used MP14 and MP29s for sale.. I know that I am still far away from being able to play these blades.. but in the interest of wanted to try them out.. and also have something in my bag that i can play around with once in a while.. I was thinking of picking one of them up..

the MP14s have a weaker loft than the 29s.. and from what i can tell, the 29s are a big stronger and bit bigger.

Anybody have experience playing both of these? I would like opinions/pros/cons, etc..

i wonder if they are too old? better to get into one of the newer blades?

the price is right for these.. so i don't mind buying them now and holding on to them..

what do you guys think? thanks in advance!

I have the 29's and I believe still have the 14's somewhere. I believe the 29's were the "top" of the line over the 14's.

I am sure you would be happy with either set. Being forged, you can have the lofts, lies all adjusted (Which you should yearly) to make sure they are in spec..

Top Bottom