Andrew Carolan

HCP
Local club/country
Nuremore GC Carrickmacross Ireland
Irons
Titleist 716ap1
Driver
Titleist 917D3
Recently changed my irons from Mp57 to Mp52 for a little more forgiveness, has anybody else done likewise and what results have you found so far?
Also changed shafts had DG R300 in 57's now have Project X 5.5 in new 52's

HCP
Local club/country
Greenway Hall Golf Club (England)
Irons
Mizuno MP52 (4-pw) - Dynamic Gold S300. Mizuno MP R-Series Black Nickel 56 & 60 Wedges
Driver
Mizuno MP600 10.5degree / Aldila VS Proto 65 (S)
I have just had MP52 Irons

I have had one hit of a MP57 though (not that I can use this to judge).

I think the results you will find are like you said more forgiveness which is a plus, and the only downside will be is the workablitly in the club.

You would be able to work the MP57 more but only if your a lower handicap.

Sounds like you made a good switch!

Minner

HCP
Local club/country
Cornwall
Irons
Titliest AP2s S300 4-PW, Vokey 52, 56 & 60, Talormade R7 3W, 22 Degree rescue
Driver
Mizuno MX-700 10.5 Fujikura stiff
Andrew, what differences have you noticed? I was toying with both sets but went for the 57's after discussing with our club pro, he didn't think that I would notice much difference, if any at all. So I went for the cleaner looks of the 57's as that was what drew me to them in the first place.

I'm surprised you needed the added forgiveness given your handicap! You've got me worried now!

On another note, you've got to love the 57's, beautiful, sleek and shiny, with a perfect blend of forgiveness and playability. Or at least that's my opinion!!

Andrew Carolan

HCP
Local club/country
Nuremore GC Carrickmacross Ireland
Irons
Titleist 716ap1
Driver
Titleist 917D3
Minner
Happy with 52's biggest point is the change in shafts from DG's to Project X super shaft, ball flight in the long irons have improved, found the mp57 long iron produced a very low boring flight prefect for wind but not ideal for where i play, happy with change

How do u find the Titleist with the proforce shaft i also have it, find it heavy but very good and straight

HCP
Local club/country
Manchester golf club, UK
Irons
mp 32 irons s300, tp 11, 1 iron.
Driver
Srixon w 506 10.5, 3 wood,Cleveland Miazuki stiff
I tried both Irons over and over till I got confused,at the end of my confusion I found the MP 52 head a little bit softer the shaft was a rifle 5.5. With the MP57 head with the same shaft I found the strike crisper and if I missed the club told me off, this I like as it helps me swing the club better and not get lazy. For some reason the MP 57 fitted with the TT R300 and the TT S300 felt for me not a very nice club to hit a golf ball with even with my bestest bestest swing could I hit a decent shot with the TT fitted shafts.

Anyhow many thanks Mizuno for fitting the PX Rifle 5.5 shaft as standard to the MP 57 heads.

Minner

HCP
Local club/country
Cornwall
Irons
Titliest AP2s S300 4-PW, Vokey 52, 56 & 60, Talormade R7 3W, 22 Degree rescue
Driver
Mizuno MX-700 10.5 Fujikura stiff
Andrew, the 907 is either my best mate or worst enemy, i do like the shaft though, on a good day it seems like the harder i hit it the better it goes, not a shaft to hold back on. It's pretty stiff though so i wouldn't bother with it unless your swing speed is up there.

I'm waiting for my pro to get an MX700 with a stiff shaft for me to try out, it seems like i'll have to have a whack after all the good press it's been getting.

Top Bottom