UWS

HCP
Local club/country
Germany
Irons
MP-59/MP-H4 - MP-54
Driver
Titleist 913
Thinking of a combined set (MP-18, 18SC and 18 MMC) but just realised that Mizuno is no longer offering my beloved TT Dynamic Gold SL as a custom option (I have several Mizzy sets with this one but maybe True Temper discontinued that line). Any idea what shaft has the most similar characteristics (i.e. ball flight similar to TT Dynamic Gold but a bit lighter)?

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
I can't answer your question UWS but a few folk on here have the knowledge.

Bumping this back to the top of the pile... 

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
Try the either the AMT mid or irons (the short irons are identical to DG) or the newest DG105. No experience with the latter yet though. 

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Hi,
 The TT DG SL shafts have not been discontinued by TT. maybe just by Mizuno. They are still available, 

I would try the TT DRG shaft, or the Nippon Modus 105. shafts.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Even though the TT shafts have benn removed from the " Custom fit " option, they may still have some some available in stock.
  or you could always ask at your fitting, if the can be ordrered , and your order might take a little longer if you are prepared to wait, that is, 

anyway talk to Mizuno themselves.

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Why not order a set then get the shafts swapped if youve already got several sets with them in?

The amount you'll get back by selling the new unused pulled set will be roughly the same as getting a professional fitter to change them.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Just asked our tour /tech team on your behalf.  Answer 'it doesn't matter.......go get fitted'.

UWS

HCP
Local club/country
Germany
Irons
MP-59/MP-H4 - MP-54
Driver
Titleist 913
Thanks for all the answers. In the meantime I got the opportunity to test at least some of the shafts. Long story short and a little surprise: NS Pro 950 seems to be my personal favorite (great feel, bit lighter and creating a slightly higher ballflight). 

Since I will order a mixed set (P-7 SC/6-5 MMC/4 FliHi) will Mizuno automatically create the suitable lofts for the set? Because MMC and FliHi are slightly less lofted (e.g. SC 6 iron 30 degrees, MMC 6 iron 28 degrees) 

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
MPX said:
Just asked our tour /tech team on your behalf.  Answer 'it doesn't matter.......go get fitted'.
LOL, best (and most correct) answer ever...

Everybody gets different results with the various shaft options. In the past 20yrs I've had players launching 'low flight' shafts high and vice versa. For the same reason adjusting loft should be done once you have (hit) the full set. The actual loft ## don't matter, only the resulting gapping for YOU and YOUR swing does. SC MMC and FLi HI all have different designs, GC locations and face characteristics, so there is no telling exactly what loft you need for each club until you've hit them (in the proper lenght/lie/shaft etc).

Top Bottom