DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Hi, I currently play JPX Forged 850, handicap is 8 but I'm not a great ball striker.  Whole game can be awfully inconsistent (I played 9 holes at 15 over the other day and then a few days later played 9 holes at 2 under). Anyway, just some scene setting.

Today I hit the 900 Forged and MP-18 MMC. Personally I didn't find the 900 Forged as soft as my 850 Forged.  

Loved the MP-18 MMC from the first hit and they were giving me a flight closer to what I perhaps wanted.  Slightly steeper angle of descent (I assume I was hitting the "modern" and not "traditional" lofts but forgot to ask). 

I'd be interested to hear thoughts from anyone else who maybe considered the 900 Forged and MMC and which way they went and why.  I think I'll hit them again and focus more on what I'm losing in consistency on the bad hits.

Today's Golfer had a couple of paragraphs about sweet zones (not to be confused with sweet spot!) and relative to the blade/MB the MMC is 19% larger and the 900 Forged is 43% larger (again to the MP-18 MB). 

I think I need the extra help but am dangerously close to being seduced by the better feel of the MMC.

MTR

HCP
f0re
Local club/country
EU
Irons
MP-9-11-14-29-37-20
I'd go with the better feel all day. To me the 900 Tour felt way better than the Forged for instance.
AFAIK all demo cart MMCs have the stronger lofts vs the 18/SC.
The MMC is a little smallet/thinner than the 900F (more comparable to the 900T in size/forgiveness).

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Thanks. After posting I found an email address for Simon I had from a previous fitting. Sent him a message and he confirmed I’d hit the ‘modern’ lofts. 

streuner

HCP
Local club/country
GCC Blumisberg
Irons
Mizuno MP18 MMC Project X LZ steel
Driver
Cobra F6+ Miyasaki jdl6 shaft
I would always listen to the personal feel and like/dislike.... 
i was playing the 825pro, did try the 850forged and decide to stay with the 825pro. Later I did try the 900 Tour and forged and choose the MP25 just because of the results and feel.... 

because of a Need to have a 2nd ironset I did try the MP18 lineup and end  with the MMC because they are nearly silimilar to my MP25 in size and topline but more stabile at impact 

Top Bottom