Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Just about to update the website with a little more information - thought i'd drop it here meantime.

S-GRIND is basically the standard bevel for every wedge upto 53 degrees - so not a choice you have to make.

M-GRIND is the gentler heel / toe relief on the higher bounce wedges...leaves most of the middle of the sole intact. So for most of us without Luke Donald type precision a helpful amount of bounce - but enough grind that you can open / shut the face a little.

C-GRIND is for proper players. Generally on the lower bounce wedges - with lots of additional sole taken away heel / toe and centre for players who want all sorts of versatility and can hit he ball up their own nose 919 times out of 20.

S T20 Grind options.jpg

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I love the turf interaction on my 54 and 60 degree wedges when chipping and pitching around the green. They are the higher bounce options, so I guess they have the M Grind. Whatever it is, it is working wonderfully.
I do have to say as well, it may be placebo, but playing in rainy conditions lately it really seems the new groove technology seems to work - very consistent spin with the new wedges!

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
HCP
Local club/country
Svartinge GC
Irons
MP20 HMB 2,4, MP20 MB 5-PW
Driver
ST200 10.5, Stiff Tensei Orange
Just about to update the website with a little more information - thought i'd drop it here meantime.

S-GRIND is basically the standard bevel for every wedge upto 53 degrees - so not a choice you have to make.

M-GRIND is the gentler heel / toe relief on the higher bounce wedges...leaves most of the middle of the sole intact. So for most of us without Luke Donald type precision a helpful amount of bounce - but enough grind that you can open / shut the face a little.

C-GRIND is for proper players. Generally on the lower bounce wedges - with lots of additional sole taken away heel / toe and centre for players who want all sorts of versatility and can hit he ball up their own nose 919 times out of 20.

S View attachment 9406
Hi

S View attachment 9406

HCP
Local club/country
Svartinge GC
Irons
MP20 HMB 2,4, MP20 MB 5-PW
Driver
ST200 10.5, Stiff Tensei Orange

S View attachment 9406
Thank you. I am torn between 58 / 16 M grind and 58 / 12 C grind (and no possibility of testing in these lockdown times..) - any general comment on the differences between grinds / is the C grind more difficult / need to be more precise (hcp 0.8 but pitching not strongest area / need bounce )?

wrinkly_ninja

HCP
Local club/country
Stonelees Golf Centre, www.stonelees.com
Irons
mizuno JPX825 19°hy & mp clk 23°hy. mizuno jpx921 tour dg 120 stiff, Mizuno mp t20 52°&58°
Driver
Taylormade m1 9.5° kurakage x stiff, Titleist 913 3 Wood (C,3)- Diamana S+ Blue (s)
Thank you. I am torn between 58 / 16 M grind and 58 / 12 C grind (and no possibility of testing in these lockdown times..) - any general comment on the differences between grinds / is the C grind more difficult / need to be more precise (hcp 0.8 but pitching not strongest area / need bounce )?
I too am in a similar situation. Any chance of pics of the 4 loft/bounce options available

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Does this pic from the Mizuno Europe website help?

mizuno m20 grinds.jpg

wrinkly_ninja

HCP
Local club/country
Stonelees Golf Centre, www.stonelees.com
Irons
mizuno JPX825 19°hy & mp clk 23°hy. mizuno jpx921 tour dg 120 stiff, Mizuno mp t20 52°&58°
Driver
Taylormade m1 9.5° kurakage x stiff, Titleist 913 3 Wood (C,3)- Diamana S+ Blue (s)
Top Bottom