fmeruane

HCP
Local club/country
Real Club de Golf de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria / Spain
Irons
JPX 919 Forgen 4-PW
Driver
Ping G30
In August of 2018, I bought JPX 919 Forged irons with Dynamic Gold 105 R300 shafts in club Pro Shop. In September of this year, I noticed that the shafts were rusty so I claimed this situation to the store manager. He told me not to worry, that he would run the guarantee in Mizuno. After more than two months in which I did not have any information about why it was taking so long, the Pro Shop manager informs me that Mizuno UK didn´t want to give the guarantee, but that Mizuno Spain would give it and that the irons would arrive shortly. Almost 3 weeks later, the irons arrived at the store, but without any document proving that the change had been made by Mizuno or with any document that guaranteed the new shafts. In demanding this, the pro shop manager pointed out that these documents could hardly be delivered to me, but that he would request them from Mizuno Spain. Given this, I requested contact with the person in charge of Mizuno Spain to clarify this situation. When speaking with Mizuno Spain, the person in charge (He introduced himself as Carlos only, refusing to give his last name or his position in Mizuno) he was very impolite, arrogant and indicated that he would not give me the requested documents because the new shafts were changed as a favour to the pro shop manager and not as a guarantee of the product. I contacted the Pro shop manager to let him know about this situation, to which he offered to undo the sale and return my money. Given the bad treatment received by Mizuno Spain and my interest in having Mizuno irons anyway, I have bought them Online in a store in the UK, where they assure me of all the guarantees that as a customer one would expect. My intention in telling these events is not to obtain compensation, but to show that the representative of Mizuno in Spain is not taking care of the Brand he represents, that his treatment to clients is not based on solving problems and that he has a superb, discourteous and arrogant attitude. A shame. To make some points clear, I am very happy with the irons, so I have bought them again. I don´t understand why Mizuno UK would not answer for the rusty shafts but Mizuno Spain would. I do not understand why Mizuno Spain tells me that the replacement of the shaft is not guaranteed because it was made as a special favour to the ProShop manager, a situation that I have not asked for or wanted to do so. This whole thing seems very strange to me and I can't find any satisfying explanation. A pity that such a high-quality product is represented in such a poor way.

Last edited:

Areg

HCP
Local club/country
España
Mizuno debería conocer en quien deriva su marca en España. Es increíble conocer en qué manos se encuentran representados. Al final es mejor comprar directamente a establecimientos serios y no en este tipo de distribución española donde ningunean a los clientes. Saludos

LOS

Local club/country
England
While no one likes this to happen there is only a one year warranty from Mizuno and you had just exceeded it by one month and may have been repaired at their discretion.

"There is a 1 year warranty on clubs, bags and apparel (not including gloves), purchased through an Authorized European Mizuno Golf Retailer to the original purchaser. This warranty covers manufacturing defects which are not the result of misuse, abuse, accident, damage in transit, failure to follow care instructions or equipment that has been altered by someone other than Mizuno (i.e. loft, lie, or shaft replacement). If you require a warranty service you will need to take the club and a copy of your receipt back to your original Mizuno Golf retailer. They will obtain a return authorization number from us and send it to Mizuno for inspection. If it is ruled under warranty, it will be repaired and sent back. If it is ruled not under warranty, your Mizuno retailer will be contacted for further instructions.
Mizuno may repair or replace any guaranteed item at its discretion. All claims should be made to the authorized Mizuno retailer from where the product was purchased. This guarantee gives no rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for consequential losses or damages.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
The Mizuno Pro Rainwear is made specifically for performance on the golf course."
https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/warranty/

Areg

HCP
Local club/country
España
Aunque Mizuno diga que da garantía de un año, todos los productos vendidos en la comunidad europea están garantizados por dos años. Es algo básico y conocido por los consumidores europeos.

Pero el problema del cliente está focalizado en el mal trato y falta de cortesía de la persona que contactó con el desde Mizuno España. Esta es la clave de la reclamación. Es vergonzoso que Mizuno no supervise estas actitudes de total falta de profesionalidad.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
I am a certified clubbuilder / repairer, and last year I hade a customer ( brother to assistant in proshop) his Titliest 5 iron snapped, did`t hit anything head flew off, du to severe rust in the shaft, , after checking the rest of the clubs, they were severe rust in them all, ,
He contacted the Titliest rep in Norway, about warranty , and was told , either find a clubmaker , and they will get the shafts and grips sent from Titliest or send them back to Titliest, he chose to get them send new shafts and grips, , I took pictures and enclosed a headed letter detailing the repair, .

You don`t know how long shafts have been lying on the shelfs in the warehouse before being made into new sets, a lot of factors, into consideration,

There in no need for the attitude of the Mizuno rep in Spain to behave like he did, , But warranty is a spesial area, there is so much involved, and its like any warranty, if it goes 1 hour or day over warranty period then its no longer covered, but its up to the proshop / dealer, manufacturers discretion if the will honour the warranty

Top Bottom