Mizuno Northern Forum Outing 2018 - Booking Now Open

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
Great weekend, thanks for Zombie and Celtic for great organisation.

Really enjoyed the course and even managed to play reasonable golf for some of the weekend, so can't even complain about that. I very much enjoyed being a guest rather than organiser, I shall have to repeat the trip next year for sure!

Big thanks to MvW, Leagals and Stewart for putting up with my dodgy ball striking on Saturday and Brattz, Vary and BigAl for being good company on Sunday.

Congrats to the champ. impressive victory amid a quality field.

Now, everyone get signing up for the southern event!

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Thanks for all the good words guys and girls but I'm amazed this went to plan this year as I've been so disorganised! Without Celtic_Bil taking care of all the resort negotiations and bookings (testing the course out) and securing free places that financed our medals and trophies, etc. I don't think we would have had an event this year.

Good to hear you enjoyed being a golfer this weekend Chris - you deserve a chilled out weekend mate! 

Personally I had a great time. I had the pleasure of Bubba's company on both rounds (thanks Greg for swapping at the last moment) and Varry and Dougdadealer on Friday then the legends of Stewart and Nurburgring on Saturday. It was a blast from start to finish! 

The venue was fab for me too. Less regimented with the carvery and everyone mixing and chatting crap all night was brilliant. Good to seethe newbies - shy Brattz and bandit Leagals fitting in with the regulars too. 

Sorry we were missing Hursty, BigPete, PaulBoy, Eddzoid, Assassin, Dutch, Iceman, Bonobobananas, Logie, RobB2, RobCH and loads more folks that have graced our company before. If you couldn't make Ramside then make sure you join us at Chris' September event somewhere south or Brum. 

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
Had a most enjoyable weekends golf in the company of good friends,

Congratulations Kevmc 2018 Forum champion well played mate,

A big thank you to Jonathan & Wayne for all the hard work that went
in to organising an other successful and memorable Northern Forum
event,

To my playing partners over the weekend, David, Marty and Brian on
Friday and Christine, Wayne and Jonesy on the Saturday thank you for
the excellent company,

And last but not least all the guy's and gals who attended great seeing you all and I look
forward to meeting up with you again next year,
Cheers John :D

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
Good morning all

Would just like to concur with all the positive comments made by all.

A truly wonderful weekend, the only attendee not missed was...... The rain !!!

Big thanks to our organizers Zombie & Celtic Bill, you made it look easy. The job is yours !!!!

To all my playing partners on both days, all the usual banter, usually at my expense !!!! But don't worry.... I Don't Care
My counselling sessions  have already been booked in so I should be fine by next year.

All the usual attendees not there, you were missed and hope you're all back next year.

Signing off

Tinytim x

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, 3 JPX 900 Rescue, MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 10.5 degree
Good morning all

Would just like to concur with all the positive comments made by all.

A truly wonderful weekend, the only attendee not missed was...... The rain !!!

Big thanks to our organizers Zombie & Celtic Bill, you made it look easy. The job is yours !!!!

To all my playing partners on both days, all the usual banter, usually at my expense !!!! But don't worry.... I Don't Care
My counselling sessions  have already been booked in so I should be fine by next year.

All the usual attendees not there, you were missed and hope you're all back next year.

Signing off

Tinytim x

Mizunomarty

HCP
Local club/country
Cleveland/England
Irons
Mizuno MP54 5-PW Dynalite Gold S300 1"+ MP-T4 56 & 60 Wedges Krakatoa Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX850 Driver,JPX825 Hybrid 19 stiff
Many thanks to Jonathon and Wayne great organisation. The venue was great and the course excellent.
A big thank you to all who attended. old and new I can't think of many situations where a load of people from all parts can come together and gell so well. A big thank you to my playing partners John, Brian , Dave , Greg and Lee. Missing you Tony already. :) 

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
Thank you for a great weekend all

Big shout out to Zombie and Celtic for great organisation.

Really enjoyed the course and most of all with some might fine company!
Location and facilities worked a treat 

Congrats to Kev on the victory!! (I've cancelled the open top bus for the parade I had lined up) 

I do think both days scores should be added together mind (only way I could think of so I won)

Pen me in for next year for sure 

Cheers
Andy 

MvW

HCP
Local club/country
Edinburgh
Irons
Mizuno MP54
Driver
Titleist 915 D2
Another classic weekend, thanks again to Z & CB for organising event & some decent weather.

Congratulations to Kev for not pitching up in the usual clown outfit & also backing it up with some quality gowf!

Thanks to my playing partners for being such good company on the course across both days. Chris, Lee & Stewart on Friday. DCB, Davie & Brian on Saturday. It speaks volumes that you can play like an idiot for 2 days & still have a blast!

Thanks to everyone who was there, the company as always making it a highlight of year. Looking forward to next year, but hope to catch up with as many of you as possible before then.

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
Morning Guys

Thanks all for the kind words.  And thanks to Zombie for letting me assist with the organisation of such a prestigious event!  :D  Hats off to Zombie for his skills and hard work.  Without somebody like him taking the reins, events like this just wouldn't happen.  Cheers mate!  

Organising such an event is made easier by having such a great group of people involved too, with very few problems or headaches.  And seeing everyone enjoy the weekend really makes it worthwhile.  So thanks to all who attended.

Great company on both days with Tony & Greg on Friday and Christine, John & Jonesy on Saturday.  It's easy to see what winning the blue jacket means when you read and listen to the banter leading up to the day and especially so when you see the focus on some faces as they start building up a challenging score.  That is why it's known worldwide as the 5th major.

Well done Kev on a second blue jacket.  I've heard a third is the hardest to win!
Well done team winners Doug, Kev & Tony.  Great scoring.  I can only assume Tony was team captain.
Well done Maurits on winning nearest the greenhouse, sorry I meant pin, nearest the pin!
Well done whoever won longest drive (again).  Power & accuracy pays off...

Thanks to all long standing attendees and to all newbies.  Looking forward to next year already.  Cheers CB.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
I do think both days scores should be added together mind. 

This is part of Chris' planning and something that we haven't considered as we usually have folks that can only play Saturday.

Food for thought though Mr Burgs. 

Thanks again to you for the ace jacket - it's the best part of the "awards ceremony". 

HCP
Local club/country
Loudoun Gowf Club / Scotland
Irons
Mizuno JPX 800 (6-PW), JPX 50 wedge, JPX 850 3 & 4 Hybrid and 5W, Ping G30 5 hybrid, Taylormade M2 7W, Nike 3W
Really enjoyed the weekends golf , great company day and night too.
Knew I should've backed Kevin after seeing him warm-up on the driving range Thursday night. 
Think I've just recovered from my bug.
Looking forward to next year already. 

Ps : john let me know if we've booked up for the southern event :)

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Thanks to Zombie and CB for a great 2 days. Thoroughly enjoyed it (even though I chauffeured Bubba). Hope to see you all again soon.

well done Kev, would never have seen that score after Fridays Red Arrows....

dougdadealer

HCP
Local club/country
West Kilbride, Ayrshire, Scotland
Irons
MP 650 17deg Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff, MP-15 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 +1", MP-T11 52 & 58 Dynalite Gold XP S300 +1"
Driver
JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi
Thanks everyone for a great weekend! Had a blast. 

Special thanks to Zombie and Celtic great event start to finish.

thanks to my playing partners on Friday who had to put up with some awful Golf and to the guys on Saturday who had to ride the rollercoaster of sublime to ridiculous.

Well done Kev, had to keep the heid after an unlucky break on 17 but managed to compose himself and see it out. 

thought the course was great and resort spot on.

Definetly would go back to Ramside. 

Hope to to see you all next year if not before.

cheers doug

GraemeJones

HCP
CONGU 3.9
Local club/country
http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 900 TOUR 5-PW, PX 5.5 shafts Standard length 2 degrees upright Titleist SM6 wedges 52,58 degree TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver JPX 825 3Wood MP650 hybrid 22* FLI HI 18* 24*
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
Thank you for a great weekend all

Big shout out to Zombie and Celtic for great organisation.

Really enjoyed the course and most of all with some might fine company!
Location and facilities worked a treat 

Congrats to Kev on the victory!! (I've cancelled the open top bus for the parade I had lined up) 

I do think both days scores should be added together mind (only way I could think of so I won)

Pen me in for next year for sure 

Cheers
Andy 

I agree with you in this bubba I had 32 & 37 ooooooooh 69 nice number

Jonesy

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
cheers for the good words guys, as Brattz says after friday i was 28/1 outsider :D 

im glad it wasnt a 2 day event i woudlnt have made top 10 lol, by my calculations i think Leagals would have won it if it were over 2 days ;)

Br1an_g

HCP
Local club/country
Downfield
Irons
Srixon ZX5 mk2 4-gw Nippon modus NS pro 105x
Driver
Callaway rogue st max 9.5 fujikura vista pro 65s,
Bit late as usual but thanks to zombie and CB for a well organised event again.  Really enjoyed the course just couldn't string a back 9 together.

Thanks to everyone that helped me look for balls, and the banter throughout the rounds.

And lots of thanks for whomever brought the sunshine, hope to see you again next year. 

Well done Kev, first 2 time winner?

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Hi Guys Finally getting round to say Thank you to Jonathon & Wayne for a great week-end , well organised ,good venue,
 Great to see all the old and new faces, good banter as usual. Great to see Dave (DCB ) swinging a club again and meet his wonderful Wife. Christine.

Thanks to my playing partners on Saturday,  MVW. Leagles, and Chris, 

and Saturday. Bubba, Evan and Zombie, 

Well done to Kev, a fine champ...

See you all next year, 

Emily33

Local club/country
France
Hi Folks,

We have researched a number of options including staying off-site to access a more expensive course like Rockliffe but at the end of the day the main aim of this event of to bring everyone together (and the Rockliffe onsite costs were eye watering).

So that in mind, we’ve opted for an on-site stay and play venue and Ramside Hall (near Durham) ticks all of our boxes including being available on a Saturday!. Celtic_Bil went above and beyond the call of duty and tested out the course earlier this month and had a very favourable report.

Celtic_Bil has also negotiated the following package (and managed to reduce the original cost).

11th and 12th of May 2018

Two nights accommodation (sharing) with dinner, bed and breakfast. Includes two rounds of golf on the Prince Bishops’ course (or day passes for the Spa).

Golfer rate = £238 pp
Spa rate = £238 pp
Single supplement is £40 per night

Dinner is served in The Carvery but we have the option to upgrade to the Fusion or Rib Room for £15 per night. However, check out the online menus. I think we should all stay as a group and dine in the Carvery on Saturday but Friday can be a free for all.

Tee Times start at 13:30 on both days and we’re playing both rounds on the Prince Bishops' course which is the original and well established course of the two. We weren't able to play two courses crédit due to existing bookings but I think we have the best one booked and we think a practice round will be a big help on the Prince Bishops’ course as there are a few tricky dog-leg holes.

Pre booked buggies available at £25.00 per day - let me know if you want a buggy.

All residents have access the swimming pool, Aroma steam room, Eucalyptus Amphitheatre sauna and gym from 3pm day of check-in through to 11am day of check-out. Please note Hydro-spa and Heat facilities are only accessible with the Spa package (or when purchasing treatments) and are available between the same times.

Please email me on jonathan@jmlow.co.uk (and post here too of course) if you wish to attend and state if sharing or single occupancy and if the Spa package is chosen for a non golfer. Deposits will be £20 and will be due in October to ensure we secure the rooms and tee times.

Cheers!
Zombie and Celtic_Bil
Thank you for all these inititiatives :)

Top Bottom