Mizuno MX-100.

spillay

Local club/country
None
Irons
Mizuno MX100
Hi All,

I just purchased a set of MX-100 with Graphite Shafts and my game has taken a turn for the worse,I just cannot solidly hit the ball properly.

So much so that I am on way to return the MX-100's back to the retailer,thank goodness they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Now I have been playing with PowerBilt Grandslam Set with Steel Shafts and hit the ball solidly and straight as ever.

Should I change my MX-100's to steel instead,I was told that my swing is way to fast for graphite and I should reduce it by at least 20 percent with graphite?

What about the new MX-300,is it good enough for a high handicapper.

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Have you tried swining within yourself ? letting the shaft & the clubhead do the work ?

If you are a high speed swinger then it may be that these are not for you, or it could just be the change in feel from an old steel shaft to the graphite shaft on the MX100s. I'd give it another try before returning them I think.

can't comment on Mx300s not even seen them in the flesh yet.

Hope it works out for you.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
spillay said:
Hi All,

I just purchased a set of MX-100 with Graphite Shafts and my game has taken a turn for the worse,I just cannot solidly hit the ball properly.

So much so that I am on way to return the MX-100's back to the retailer,thank goodness they have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Now I have been playing with PowerBilt Grandslam Set with Steel Shafts and hit the ball solidly and straight as ever.

Should I change my MX-100's to steel instead,I was told that my swing is way to fast for graphite and I should reduce it by at least 20 percent with graphite?

What about the new MX-300,is it good enough for a high handicapper.
You've answered your own question!!!

You've made a boob with the shafts!! The shaft is the single most important part of the club!

If you put the same shaft in 100 different heads, I guarantee the difference in length, trajectory, dispersion will be minimal - put 20 different shafts in the same head and you'll be SHOCKED at the difference!!!

It's all in the shafts...

Top Bottom