Mizuno MP 62 Black Nickel

billsykes

HCP
Local club/country
Billingham/England
Irons
MP68 Black Nickel 4-PW, KBS Tour stiff. 17* & 23* MP CLK 52* & 58* MP T10 Wedges MP T102 Putter
Driver
Titleist 910 D2 8.5 Project X stiff
Hi
I am seriously close to splashing the cash on a set of MP 62 Black Nickel but I want to find out about their durability.
I am aware of the opinion of some that irons aren't irons unless they have battle scars, well thats not for me. My irons recieve considerable TLC and I do everything I can to keep them as pristine as possible (other than not use them).
I'm aware of other posts on this topic so what I was hoping for was an up-date from those who have had them for a while; how are they going? Still in love? Do they look any worse for wear than a chrome club?
Look forward to an interesting response.

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
I have had mine for a few weeks now. I love them, by the way, and the PX seems to be working out for me so far, even though it feels a bit dead.

As far as the finish is concerned, as a veteran of about 10 sets of forged clubs (mostly Mizuno) over the years, I have always thought you started to see ball marks on any set pretty quickly, and the same is true of the BNs. I think they will end up with wear like you see on some black wedges. But that is OK, they are working clubs and the finish adds some character. If you PM me with an email address, I will take a couple of digital pics and send them to you.

billsykes

HCP
Local club/country
Billingham/England
Irons
MP68 Black Nickel 4-PW, KBS Tour stiff. 17* & 23* MP CLK 52* & 58* MP T10 Wedges MP T102 Putter
Driver
Titleist 910 D2 8.5 Project X stiff
Hi
Thanks for that, I currently play with a set of chrome MP 62 with next to no wear on them, in the past I was going to buy a set of Chicargo 'black' iron but the demo was a mess and it's always put me off, these look too nice to ignore hence the genuine interest in them.
Coincidently my current set are fitted with S300 but I tried one with the Px 6.0 and was amazed by the performance; if I do get them that's the shaft that is going in.

Top Bottom