Mizuno mp 57???

HCP
Local club/country
west rhine golf club germany
Irons
callaway big bertha 4-sw Odyssey#7
Driver
Mizuno mx 560 9.5 fuijikura stiff
I am 14 but can strike the ball quite well(my short game lets me down). I currently use callaway big bertha irons. They look really fat at address and i hate it. I love the look of the mp 57 at address because i love how thin they are. I am probably getting them in december but is it true these are really difficult to hit. I am a 26 handicap but have been playing to 23-24 and was wondering wether or not to get these.

schnitty

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Callaway Big Bertha 1-SW
Driver
RAM FXti
You sound alot like myself! My first post also & I love Mizuno.

I have just started playing this year having been given a set of callaways free of charge from my brother-in-law & am now hooked after 8 rounds of golf. I am now regularly hitting low 90's so knocking quite a bit of my handicap round on round.

After much debate & finding a set of MP-57's for what I think is a great price of £290 I just went & bought them & hope I can make them work! Some would argue this is not the right thing to do but If it's all too much then I'll keep them until I am good enough. They are graphite EXSAR IS2 Tour spec. Not sure how swing speed etc will impact my shots.

I say go for it + great prices around now but the experts on here may say different for our higher h'cap.

HCP
Local club/country
west rhine golf club germany
Irons
callaway big bertha 4-sw Odyssey#7
Driver
Mizuno mx 560 9.5 fuijikura stiff
Thank you for your advice. Please let me know how you get on. GOOD LUCK!

golfmad

HCP
Local club/country
Bootle, Liverpool
Irons
MP-57
Driver
Ping G5
Hi, I play off 19 and I can hit the MP-57 no problem.

I used big cavity irons before and found them too chunky. When I tested the MP-57, they just feel so beautiful. They are lighter and promote you to hit them smoother. Distance control is absoultely fantastic.

I brought a friend with me when I was testing these irons and he is a beginner and even he hit them consistently (but short) and even he preferred the MP-57 to MX-200 and MX-25. I managed to get them in low prices (£300 in Dynamic Gold S300 shaft) and I suggest you give them a test. If you can hit them, buy them now because they are end of line products and you may need to go for second hand market in December.

Good luck!

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
If you want to learn to hit your clubs correctly, then the less forgiving irons are the way to go. The MP-57 is a nice choice.. If you want the club to do more work for you on off center shots, then you would want the MX series clubs..

mjtoal

HCP
Local club/country
Bearwood Lakes, Berkshire
Irons
Mizuno MP4, C-taper S
Driver
Tirtleist 913D3, Oban Devotion
Providing the shaft is suitable and not too stiff, I think it is a good idea for an improving player to choose quality irons.

I would probably pass on the 3-iron and get a hybrid of some sort instead, though.

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
mjtoal said:
I would probably pass on the 3-iron and get a hybrid of some sort instead, though.

+1 Excellent suggestion..

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
anchorpags said:
mjtoal said:

+1 Excellent suggestion..
+2 (you may even think about doing this for the 4-iron too!)

cmac

HCP
Local club/country
Tandragee G.C
Irons
JPX 825 Pro's 4 to PW Wedges MPT11-52*, MPT4-56° MPT10-60°
Driver
JPX 900 Driver , MP 650 Titanium 3 Wood Orochi Reg Shaft, MP 650 22° Hybrid Orochi Stiff Shaft, Odyssey White Hot Pro # 1 Putter
I purchased my MP57's May 08, having quit golf at the age of 17 and now 45 I have taken up the sport again. My old clubs Wilson Sam Snead's where well past there sell by date so after some research online I finally decided on the Mizuno's. They are a thing of beauty and when struck well feel as good as they look, when I quit golf I played off 7 after starting back in April 08 I have been given a 12 handicap, my not so good swings are not received well by the 57's but that's my fault not the clubs, overall I'm very pleased with my decision and have went a wee bit Mizuno Crazy.

Top Bottom