HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Andy Bubba Burgs said:
Well done Dasher, got it in just in time before the busy season for you....... 

Send my regards to Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen

Bubba
Brilliant! :lol:

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
Andy Bubba Burgs said:

Bubba
Haha yeah but not Rudolph - he can never get a spot in any reindeer 4 ball apparently - and even when he does they all laugh and call him names...

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
Andy Bubba Burgs said:

Bubba
Well done Dasher and brilliant Bubba. We had a reindeer at our club, but he was rubbish at golf. There's a Meerkat who has joined recently and he's brilliant. Sergei Garcia he's called :D

Assassin

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 54
Driver
MP 650
Well done Dasher. Still waiting for my first. I was really close a couple of times in the summer both about 20cm from the hole. I feel I am in the same camp as Jonesy. I just dont think it will ever happen for me

Dasher390

HCP
Local club/country
Moonah Links - Victoria - Australia http://www.moonahlinks.com.au
Irons
PX EZ 2/16 HybridJPX EZ 3/19 Hybrid,JPX EZ Irons 4-PW,JPX SERIES 50/54/58 Wedges & Odyssey WH 8# Mid Shaft Putter
Driver
JPX EZ 9.5 Driver, NEO bag.
Andy Bubba Burgs said:

Bubba
Rudolph will be most upset that you left him out Andy?  LOL

Dasher390

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
PX EZ 2/16 HybridJPX EZ 3/19 Hybrid,JPX EZ Irons 4-PW,JPX SERIES 50/54/58 Wedges & Odyssey WH 8# Mid Shaft Putter
Driver
BigPete said:
Andy Bubba Burgs said:

Bubba
Haha yeah but not Rudolph - he can never get a spot in any reindeer 4 ball apparently - and even when he does they all laugh and call him names...
Love it Pete.

Dasher390

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Assassin said:
Well done Dasher. Still waiting for my first. I was really close a couple of times in the summer both about 20cm from the hole. I feel I am in the same camp as Jonesy. I just dont think it will ever happen for me
Graham Jones & Assasin

Yes I thought my chances had passed me by and then out of the blue it happened when i least expected it.

If you are still upright & swinging it you've still got a chance.

Thanks everybody for your congrats.

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Hunley Hotel & Golf Club, North Yorkshire
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
I'm not sure if this counts or not......

Last night a couple of us played 9 holes and then decided to play a further 4 before dark.  We played two balls on each hole.  On the final hole I teed off with both balls, and as it was almost dark I didn't see the second one finish, but knew I struck it well.  When we got to the green I could only find the first ball and then when I had the 'sneaky look in the cup as you walk past', there she was.  Hole in one......or not?

To me, it's not really a hole in one, but at the back of my mind I think 'yeah, I suppose I've had one'.

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Titleist 913D2 9.5, 913FD Fairway, Fli-Hi 3,4 & 5,JPX 50,56,T-4 60/05,MPTA301Putter
Celtic_Bil said:

Last night a couple of us played 9 holes and then decided to play a further 4 before dark.  We played two balls on each hole.  On the final hole I teed off with both balls, and as it was almost dark I didn't see the second one finish, but knew I struck it well.  When we got to the green I could only find the first ball and then when I had the 'sneaky look in the cup as you walk past', there she was.  Hole in one......or not?

To me, it's not really a hole in one, but at the back of my mind I think 'yeah, I suppose I've had one'.
Course it counts in my book. Well done mate :D

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Celtic_Bil said:

Yes - but no...

Similar to one I had (or Didn't have)...  The 18th at Torrance House is a par 3, I managed to shank my first ball OB on the right, teed up another ball and stuck it in the hole for a glorious 3!  Is it a hole in one? Not really, but it's a good story!

Villiers1

HCP
Local club/country
Pay & Play
Irons
JPX825 6-PW
Driver
Guess it doesn't matter to anyone but yourself at the end of the day, although it certainly smartens a competition card up a bit. Who cares if the club don't give you a stripy tie

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
Deemac said:
Celtic_Bil said:

Yes - but no...

Similar to one I had (or Didn't have)...  The 18th at Torrance House is a par 3, I managed to shank my first ball OB on the right, teed up another ball and stuck it in the hole for a glorious 3!  Is it a hole in one? Not really, but it's a good story!
Somebody I know from our club put his first into the water, teed up another and holed it.  He claims it as a 'sort of' hole in one, but I always ask him why his scorecard read 3!

You see, mine is different.  Because I was running a score for each ball, the first one was on the card as 3, whereas the second was on the card as 1.  Therefore I think mine counts and yours doesn't.  ;) :D Plus V said it was too... :up:

Out of interest Dee, have you also had a 'true' hole in one?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Celtic_Bil said:
Deemac said:
Yes - but no...

Somebody I know from our club put his first into the water, teed up another and holed it.  He claims it as a 'sort of' hole in one, but I always ask him why his scorecard read 3!

You see, mine is different.  Because I was running a score for each ball, the first one was on the card as 3, whereas the second was on the card as 1.  Therefore I think mine counts and yours doesn't.  ;) :D Plus V said it was too... :up:

Out of interest Dee, have you also had a 'true' hole in one?
I'll give it to you!

And yes - I've had 2 genuine holes in one.  One with a flushed MP-32 6-iron at Troon and the other with a flushed MP69 5-iron at East Kilbride.  Playing with the same guy on both occassions... Darth Raider!

Celtic_Bil

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP18SC/MP5/MP54
Driver
JPX850
Deemac said:
And yes - I've had 2 genuine holes in one.  One with a flushed MP-32 6-iron at Troon and the other with a flushed MP69 5-iron at East Kilbride.  Playing with the same guy on both occassions... Darth Raider!
Excellent mate.  I must start 'flushing' my irons more and maybe I can get a genuine one!

The bank manager and the other Director at work have both had them and neither of them really play much.  It's a nightmare whenever we get together, so I really need to claim this!  I'm actually looking forward to the next meeting :)

Assassin

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 54
Driver
MP 650
Celtic_Bil said:

As you didnt see it go in, it doesnt count :p

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Unlike a friend of mine who hits it until he's happy with the result and doesn't count penalties or mulligans, I don't think you could count a second ball as a real hole in one, but tell the story to the pro at the club and see how he or she feels.

butler77

HCP
Local club/country
Costa Mesa
Irons
Mizuno MP-15
Driver
Callaway Xhot
Today. Mizuno 8 iron. 120 yds. At Costa Mesa California. Mesa Linda course #12. Hole-in-one #4. Last one was almost 30 years ago. And yes. It was a good shot.

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
Well done that man !! :)

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I heard a hole in one story the other day that is sort of different. The pro at the course where I used to work aced the 8th hole, a 150 yard par 3. He hit 9 iron and flew the ball what he said from the tee looked like 6' past the hole. It had so much spin on it that it backed up, hit the pin and bounced off, but backed up again into the hole. Hitting the pin twice must count for something.

Top Bottom