HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Well done wrinkly! - Great to get the first one & even better that you saw it go in (I've had 4 & only saw one go in!)
Cheers
Paul

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
wrinkly_ninja said:
On Monday I had a fourball match. The match was going very well for my partner and I and we found ourselves 6 up with 6 to play. We got to the 13th tee knowing a halve was good enough for the win. The 13th is a par 3, playing 128 yards into a little wind. The other team tee'd off first followed by my partner. I didn't see where the others had gone and when I stepped up to the tee i saw a ball on the green, approx 25-30 feet from the pin. "Who's that on the green" i said, "me" replied one opponent. "I best hit close then" I said with a cheeky undertone. Anyway, my last few rounds had seen me miss club from the tee varying from too short to too long. This time i settled for a little punchy 9 iron. I make my swing, put a good strike on the ball which resulted in a nice punchy flighted draw which looked good in the air all the way to the green. We all keep looking because it looks all over the flag. The ball just pitched on the upper tier and started to roll out following the contour of the green. "Oooh, that's going to be close" we said. Just after saying that we saw the ball disappear into the cup, needless to say there were plenty of cheers. I was so happy to get my first hole in one and it was even better as it secured a 7&5 win :)
hopefully it will be the first of many ;) 
Congrats mate! Always nice to have one on your CV!

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
wrinkly_ninja said:
On Monday I had a fourball match. The match was going very well for my partner and I and we found ourselves 6 up with 6 to play. We got to the 13th tee knowing a halve was good enough for the win. The 13th is a par 3, playing 128 yards into a little wind. The other team tee'd off first followed by my partner. I didn't see where the others had gone and when I stepped up to the tee i saw a ball on the green, approx 25-30 feet from the pin. "Who's that on the green" i said, "me" replied one opponent. "I best hit close then" I said with a cheeky undertone. Anyway, my last few rounds had seen me miss club from the tee varying from too short to too long. This time i settled for a little punchy 9 iron. I make my swing, put a good strike on the ball which resulted in a nice punchy flighted draw which looked good in the air all the way to the green. We all keep looking because it looks all over the flag. The ball just pitched on the upper tier and started to roll out following the contour of the green. "Oooh, that's going to be close" we said. Just after saying that we saw the ball disappear into the cup, needless to say there were plenty of cheers. I was so happy to get my first hole in one and it was even better as it secured a 7&5 win :)
Well played mate :)

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
wrinkly_ninja said:
Congratulations Wrinkly Well done
Great feeling
Tony

HCP
Local club/country
Traditions at the Glen, Johnson City, NY USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-54 3-PW, 50 degree, 56 degree stiff steel shafts
Driver
Taylor Made R9 460 10.5 degree stiff graphite shaft
In April of this year, I received my new custom fitted Mizuno MP54 irons after 15 years with Titleist 981DCI irons - played Ping Eye2 irons for 12 years before that. I'm very pleased with the new irons, and on 8/10,I made my first hole-in-one after 27 years of playing golf. Coincidence?

I was playing at Conklin Players Club ( http://conklinplayers.com/  ), and made the hole in one on their signature hole, the par 3 10th with an island green that was playing 117 yards - I used a pitching wedge.  At first I wasn't sure about the hole in one, since I heard the ball hit the flagstick, but I couldn't see where the ball might have gone.  It turned out the ball flew directly into the cup, slightly damaging the edge of the hole.

mjvoorheis

HCP
Local club/country
Meridian Sun
Irons
MX-200
Driver
Taylormade RBZ
I had my first hole-in-one this year...

It was a 130 yard par three...tough little green.  I used a MX-200 pitching wedge and landed about 15 feet past the pin and rolled back in.  I was able to see it - that was cool!

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Driver
Re: I had my first hole-in-one this year...

mjvoorheis said:
It was a 130 yard par three...tough little green.  I used a MX-200 pitching wedge and landed about 15 feet past the pin and rolled back in.  I was able to see it - that was cool!
Well done! - Always nice to see them drop (my first two were 'blind' so no jumping around on the tee!)
Paul

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Re: I had my first hole-in-one this year...

mjvoorheis said:
Congrats!  Like Paul, my two were partially blind and I didn't get to celebrate properly until I was on the green.

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged - 5 - pw, STG 180 3Wood, JPX 900 Rescue 19 degree , MP T7 51 & MP T7 57. Putter: Evnroll ER2 Black
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
Well done
lovely feeling !!!

HCP
Local club/country
Italy
Irons
4 Mp-H5, 5-PW Mp54, 52-57-62 Mp-T11
Driver
Dr-Titleist 910D2, 3W Titleist 910Fw, 3Hy Adams ProHybrid
Hi,
i did it!!!
with my Mizuno Mp 57
6.9.2014 Golf Club Folgaria, Folgaria (TN) Italy
hole nr. 9 par 3 136 yards.
It is my first and only hole in one, being a par 3 uphill I haven't been lucky enough to see the ball go in, but being a regional championship there was a little audience behind the green, and from the reaction of people I quickly realized that I should mark the day on my calendar, as my lucky day!

alessio

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
el.lock said:
Hi,
i did it!!!
with my Mizuno Mp 57
6.9.2014 Golf Club Folgaria, Folgaria (TN) Italy
hole nr. 9 par 3 136 yards.
It is my first and only hole in one, being a par 3 uphill I haven't been lucky enough to see the ball go in, but being a regional championship there was a little audience behind the green, and from the reaction of people I quickly realized that I should mark the day on my calendar, as my lucky day!

alessio
Well done Alessio

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
good on yer Allessio.    well done

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Driver
Well done Allesio! - Always good to get that first one - You can expect another soon as the pressure is now off ... Paul ;)

Dasher390

HCP
Local club/country
Moonah Links - Victoria - Australia http://www.moonahlinks.com.au
Irons
PX EZ 2/16 HybridJPX EZ 3/19 Hybrid,JPX EZ Irons 4-PW,JPX SERIES 50/54/58 Wedges & Odyssey WH 8# Mid Shaft Putter
Driver
JPX EZ 9.5 Driver, NEO bag.
I played in a comp on Monday 24th November at the very famous Yarra Yarra Golf Club in Melbourne Australia and managed my first Hole in One on the 4th hole, Par 3,117 meters after starting to play golf at age 8, 56 years ago.

Had been playing very scratchily in very wet conditions when I hit the purest shot with my EZ Pitching Wedge,it landed halfway up the dance floor took 2 hops and rolled in, could not believe it,was walking on cloud 9 for the rest of the round.

Only thing i was crook on was that I didn't get a shot on that hole had to settle for 1 for 4. LOL

http://www.yarrayarra.com.au/cms/course/hole-4/

Attachments

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Driver
Well done mate! - 56yrs to wait is a great effort, only took me 40yrs to have my first! lol
Paul

tonytim8

HCP
Local club/country
Essendon GC Herts
Irons
Driver
Mizuno STZ 10.5 degree
Dasher390 said:
I played in a comp on Monday 24th November at the very famous Yarra Yarra Golf Club in Melbourne Australia and managed my first Hole in One on the 4th hole, Par 3,117 meters after starting to play golf at age 8, 56 years ago.

Had been playing very scratchily in very wet conditions when I hit the purest shot with my EZ Pitching Wedge,it landed halfway up the dance floor took 2 hops and rolled in, could not believe it,was walking on cloud 9 for the rest of the round.

Only thing i was crook on was that I didn't get a shot on that hole had to settle for 1 for 4. LOL

http://www.yarrayarra.com.au/cms/course/hole-4/
Congratulations Dasher, well done !! 

Tony

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Congrats Dasher - You've shown an amazing amount of patience! Enjoy...

GraemeJones

HCP
CONGU 3.9
Local club/country
http://www.padeswoodgolfclub.com
Irons
JPX 900 TOUR 5-PW, PX 5.5 shafts Standard length 2 degrees upright Titleist SM6 wedges 52,58 degree TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Putter
Driver
Mizuno JPX 900 Driver JPX 825 3Wood MP650 hybrid 22* FLI HI 18* 24*
Well done dasher don't think I'll ever get one 

Jonesy

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
Well done Dasher, got it in just in time before the busy season for you....... 

Send my regards to Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen

Bubba

Top Bottom