mikewxyz

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
mizuno JPX800 Pro 4-P
Driver
Titleist 905
Hi Mizuno team: I have a question regarding the trajectory vs. forgiveness chart (flight tab). The MP series is designated with a blue circle (two sizes). The JPX series is designated by black circles (also two sizes). Do the size of the circles represent the relative sizes of the sweet spot?

regards,

MikeWxyz

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Yes - a larger circle represents a larger sweet area. It's not supposed to be exact, but a general representation of the idea. If you want to look at specific numbers, take a look at the 'dimensions' tab.

mikewxyz

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
mizuno JPX800 Pro 4-P
Driver
Titleist 905
Thanks for answering MPX. I see that the MP-63, MP-58, and MP-53 all have the same relative size sweet spots. How do you interpret the X-axis then? The sweet spot is the same but the consequence of off center hits (loss of distance) is reduced as you move to the right?

regards,

MikeWxyz

Mizo

HCP
-
Local club/country
Efteling, Netherlands
Irons
18° MP FLi-Hi/MP-57/3-PW/PX 5.5, MP-T/56-10/R300
Driver
MX-560/9.5/Proforce V2S 66g
mikewxyz said:
The sweet spot is the same but the consequence of off center hits (loss of distance) is reduced as you move to the right?
I guess with the more workable clubs your off hits will also hold more effect on the ball, or maybe even amplified cause you hit it wrong.

Although there is one thing I noticed.
The handicap guide used on the product pages features 4 circles that can be filled by half increments, allowing to display 8 possible handicap ranges.

The lowest club is the MP-68(1 bar) and the highest is the JPX800(6 bars).
However the MP-53 should be 4 bars instead of 3 and the JPX800PRO should be 5 bars instead of 4, to match what is displayed on the product page.

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas
These things are designed to be intentionally vague so people don't get hung up thinking a particular club isn't meant for them. That's why there's no handicap numbers on there etc.

they are more for comparison so you know where one club sits in the range compared to another.

68 63 58 53 800 800pro

That's the range at the moment - from left to right they get easier to hit and with bigger sweetspots. Whenever you hit them side by side - you're often surprised which ones work best for you.

Top Bottom