HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Anyone else bought the latest model? One word, INCREDIBLE !!!
Opted for 19 degree version Speeder X flex, but have increased loft to 21. Amazing high flight that tears through the wind still and arrow straight. The improved wave technology makes it extremely easy to achieve solid contact no matter what lie. I'd be even tempted to buy a higher loft also. Time to retire 2 and 3 irons ,sorry:(

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I would like to get it because I would like to Change out my 4 iron for a hybrid. But I am difficult. I can't buy it because I think the JPX 900 Hybrid was even better, purely because of the shape and the blue finish. But sadly nowhere I can buy still has them. Still hoping maybe they bring the blue back one day. I am in love with it :)

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
If you don't go for current model maybe ebay for the 900 hybrid?

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I did but it's flooded with Lefty models. I found a few but I'm quite hesitant. Maybe I will have another look tomorrow.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Anyone else bought the latest model? One word, INCREDIBLE !!!
Opted for 19 degree version Speeder X flex, but have increased loft to 21. Amazing high flight that tears through the wind still and arrow straight. The improved wave technology makes it extremely easy to achieve solid contact no matter what lie. I'd be even tempted to buy a higher loft also. Time to retire 2 and 3 irons ,sorry:(
The Titleist 818 H2 gives it a run for its money.... I got the 818 cheap, if not I would have had the CLK

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
The Titleist 818 H2 gives it a run for its money.... I got the 818 cheap, if not I would have had the CLK
Good call Brattz. Very nice hybrid is the 818. I just think it's time to carry another hybrid instead of a 3 iron or 3 wood.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Good call Brattz. Very nice hybrid is the 818. I just think it's time to carry another hybrid instead of a 3 iron or 3 wood.
I carry a MPH4 3i in summer. I reshafted it last year with a project x LZ 110hy S graphite Shaft. It flew like a bullet, however, I found it was a little to long in length. I’ve changed to the 120g steel PX LZ and it is everything you would want from a long iron. Flight is effortless and has reduced spin

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I carry a MPH4 3i in summer. I reshafted it last year with a project x LZ 110hy S graphite Shaft. It flew like a bullet, however, I found it was a little to long in length. I’ve changed to the 120g steel PX LZ and it is everything you would want from a long iron. Flight is effortless and has reduced spin
The original MPH4 3 iron was built by my Mizuno Man - He still has a few of these heads which he can make up in the shaft of your choice - As per my thread in the Equipment Forum, I have 2x of them up for grabs with Regular NSPro Modus 3 shafts fitted - As Brattz says above, these clubs are easy to hit & can be worked high or low as you require ...
Paul
PS - I have the Titleist 816 Hybrid & it's the only club in my bag that hasn't changed in 2 years o_O

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Spot on Paul. Still grateful for your service in getting me the MPH4 and would encourage anyone to try one of these as a summertime long iron.

Changing to the 818 H2 from the 816 H2 was seamless but I do honestly think the 816 was easier to hit.... the 818 has less spin and a little longet

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
I need a hybrid to suit my eye with a sharp top line that is facing the target. I loved the old CLK but the new one, the way it is set up. Looks like a hook machine to my eye. I have one hybrid, the Cobra F7 and it’s a cracker. Played the H2 in 816 and I hated the bulbous look. No idea why I bought it really.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
I need a hybrid to suit my eye with a sharp top line that is facing the target. I loved the old CLK but the new one, the way it is set up. Looks like a hook machine to my eye. I have one hybrid, the Cobra F7 and it’s a cracker. Played the H2 in 816 and I hated the bulbous look. No idea why I bought it really.
The bulbous look is the H1.... H2 is narrower

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
The human eye and brain dictates a shape by angle of view (bit like parallax error) , so depending on where a hybrid is in your stance you can seek a hook on the hybrid perhaps? Compared to some of the Adams gear or early tmade offerings both titleist and latest CLKs look sweet to me. Had titleist H2 but hit it like a bullet, so never got the high flight I desired and was a bit like hitting a 4 iron which was madness as I carry a 4 iron anyway so two clubs with the same properties in the bag. Digging the CLK and might bin the 3 wood for another CLK, if I need a distance shot I'll hit driver off the deck, but that's not often.

Top Bottom