Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
DCB said:
zombie said:
Yeah the forecast is improving all the time. 

I'm really looking forward to this DCB and hope you put me in a good group. :)
What's your mate called Z?
Apocalypse? :)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Scott and he plays off 18 with his old Wilson irons. Used to be a member at Craigmillar Park too. 

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
So, the final runners& riders for Sundays meet are as follows,

Mrs DCB
MVW
Adam MvW's mate
Kevin
Zombie
Scott  Zombie's mate
Hursty
DCB   Depending on the weather and state of the course.

11am start, See you there. I've PM'd my mobile no to those attending in case of emergency.

Coming in from the Bypass, Comiston Road has roadworks at Greenbank Church junction, so, it might be a bit sluggish through there. The Car Park can be found on Glenlockhart Road and if it is full park round the corner on Greenbank Drive. ( Left out of car park and right at mini roundabout.)

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
DCB said:
So, the final runners& riders for Sundays meet are as follows,

Mrs DCB
MVW
Adam MvW's mate
Kevin
Zombie
Scott  Zombie's mate
Hursty
DCB   Depending on the weather and state of the course.

11am start, See you there. I've PM'd my mobile no to those attending in case of emergency.

Coming in from the Bypass, Comiston Road has roadworks at Greenbank Church junction, so, it might be a bit sluggish through there. The Car Park can be found on Glenlockhart Road and if it is full park round the corner on Greenbank Drive. ( Left out of car park and right at mini roundabout.)
Have fun guys hope the weather is great for you all
Wish I was there!!

Bubba

OhBoy!

HCP
Local club/country
Soft. South. Suburbia.
Irons
MP 53 5-PW Phoenix. Titleist SM6 50/54/58 deg.; Ray Cook SR 500
Driver
JPX 900 driver & 3 wood; CLK 19 & 22 deg.
Play well!

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Have a great time guys, gutted I'm not there. Is that Scott who played with us Z?

Good to see the weather's looking a little kinder, crossed fingers for you ;)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Yup that's him. 

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
zombie said:
Yup that's him. 
Ah good stuff, send my regards. Have a good one chap, looking forward to the match report ;)

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Well, that was another successful forum event. A select group played at The Merchants today, on a breezy but dry day. Big difference from yesterday where we had rain of Biblical proportions. Two four balls took to the course and scoring was very good. I dropped out after 9 holes as the back nine is a bit tougher on the legs yet. My own highlight was a par at our ninth hole where I holed a good putt across the slope on the green from around 25 feet away.

Great to see a couple of new faces in Adam and Scott and as usual great to catch up with old faces, MVW,  zombie, Kevin, mrsdcb and hursty, who definately won the long drive comp, having driven from Cornwall to Edinburgh to take part.

MVW will be along with details of scoring and results later. Finally got to play with Kevin and Maurits at long last.

Great day, here's to the next one :)

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
i concur was a cracking day, those hills tho will give my calfs nightmares for weeks :) :)

not many highlights from me however the banter and golf as always was off a high standard, defo need to arrange more regular meets.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Hell yeah Kevmc. 

Great day and a pleasure to play with Kirsty and Mrs DCB. I did my best to make my playing partners look good with a strange spate of shanks...  Weird.

My magical 3wood also struggled as if I had some sort of zombie curse... 

Anyway cap off to Hursty for driving so far. Broom broom not boom boom. 

MvW

HCP
Local club/country
Edinburgh
Irons
Mizuno MP54
Driver
Titleist 915 D2
A cracking day at the Merchants, with the weather being kind. The greens were soft following yesterday's downpour, but the wind made sure we had a decent test.

For anyone not familiar with the course, Merchants is relatively short but very hilly course with a number of blind shots, so accuracy & a good short game are key.

As ever with forum events it is the people that make them so enjoyable. My thanks to my playing partners for their company & most of the banter! Delighted to finally play with DCB at Merchants. Kudos & respect to Hursty for travelling so far to join us. Great to catch up with old friends & introduce a couple new ones. 

Group 1: Mrs DCB, Hursty (aka Kirsty), Scott & Zombie 
Group 2: Adam, DCB, Kevmc & MvW

Scores stableford:
MvW         - 40
Mrs DCB  - 35
Adam       - 33
Scott        - 32
Kevmc     - 32
Hursty      - 30
Zombie    - 28

Scoring suggests that familiarity with the course was a bit of an advantage - sorry guys you caught me on a good day! I can confirm that no glass based buildings were harmed. ;-D

DCB not included in the above as he was not playing the full 18 holes. He did provide highlight in our group, arms aloft after draining a long putt for his par on the 9th, his final hole. 

Thanks again to the DCB's for organising today. Roll on the next meet.

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Excellent stuff, always good to see the Mizuno family coming up trumps again. From my side, it's great to see a mixed group of players out enjoying the game, not enough of that. Maybe a game at Muirfield next eh Zombie? :lol: Looking forward to seeing everyone sometime hopefully in the near future :)

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Get saving your Norfolk dollars Bonobobananas, Muirfield is £190 a round! 

Back to my shanks, I can confirm that this was temporary. Me, my 8i and my cat practiced in the back garden and every shot went straight. Phew. 

Kevmc

HCP
Local club/country
Kirkhill Golf Club
Irons
JPX900, Project X LZ 5.5 4-PW
Driver
ST180 Driver KURU KAGE TINI70 stiff shaft
Gailes might be a more viable option, although we got a deal to play muirfield for about £60 in April so could always arrange an early warm up

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
JPX 900
Bonobobananas said:
Excellent stuff, always good to see the Mizuno family coming up trumps again. From my side, it's great to see a mixed group of players out enjoying the game, not enough of that. 
That's what makes this place different. We may not have seen each other for a few months, but, when we meet up,  it's as if it was just the other day we last met. As for the mixed group, yes, great to be able to show that we all love our golf and all try to play the game to the best standard we can. Just the way it should be.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Bonobobananas said:
Excellent stuff, always good to see the Mizuno family coming up trumps again. From my side, it's great to see a mixed group of players out enjoying the game, not enough of that. Maybe a game at Muirfield next eh Zombie? :lol: Looking forward to seeing everyone sometime hopefully in the near future :)
A1 to that, 

hursty

HCP
Local club/country
No Fixed Abode
Irons
MP-33 2-PW, MP T-7 52 & 58 wedges
Driver
Cobra Encore ZL F1 Stiff, 913F 3W - Ahina XStiff, Odyssey #7CS
Finally made it back after the small trek back down.

Big thanks to David & Christine for putting me up (or putting up with me, you decide) and to all those that made it.

Was good to see some old faces and meet some new ones although thanks to Scott it's going to be hard to get rid of the Kirsty name!

Christine was the star of our group with 35 which included driving a par 4 green to then protect her handicap by 3 putting.

Zombies Tom Hanks were my doing, I hid the Zombie Hex Hip flask in his bag to get my revenge!

What hasn't been fully mentioned so far is that MVW brought in a ringer into his group, some guy called Adam Scott!

What has been mentioned though is the workout your legs get, the course is a great test of body and mind with some cracking short long holes and long short holes alike.

Until next time,

Hursty.

Andy Bubba Burgs

HCP
Local club/country
Sitwell Park GC @ http://sitwellgolf.co.uk/
Irons
Mizuno JPX 900 Tour & MP69 4-PW KBS Tour S Vokey 50 52, 56, 60, Evnrol ER2
Driver
Titleist TS3 Driver and 3 Wood Diamana S+ Blue 62 Stiff
hursty said:
Finally made it back after the small trek back down.

Big thanks to David & Christine for putting me up (or putting up with me, you decide) and to all those that made it.

Was good to see some old faces and meet some new ones although thanks to Scott it's going to be hard to get rid of the Kirsty name!

Christine was the star of our group with 35 which included driving a par 4 green to then protect her handicap by 3 putting.

Zombies Tom Hanks were my doing, I hid the Zombie Hex Hip flask in his bag to get my revenge!

What hasn't been fully mentioned so far is that MWV brought in a ringer into his group, some guy called Adam Scott!

What has been mentioned though is the workout your legs get, the course is a great test of body and mind with some cracking short long holes and long short holes alike.

Until next time,

Hursty.
Glad to hear you made it back safely KIRSTY!!

Top Bottom