UK
Irons
Mizuno JPX Pro, KB Tour Stiff , 1/2 longer , 2 deg upright
Driver
Mizuno MX700, Driver + 3 Wood (UST V2) + MX 700 Hybrid
I was fitted at Titleist with the following

AP1 PX 5.5 , .5 LONGER , 2 DEG UP

First off, I have lost distance

Also, I had my clubs looked at and the PX5.5, is more like 6.0 + the swing weight is D7

I went back to Titleist and hit the clubs. Here is the issue. I hit the clubs quite well but I do have to be really on my game.

I picked up a demo MX200 with DG XP Regular and all standard. I know that the shaft is too short , so I grip near the top. I am able to hit this a lot better than my Titleist and it does not feel soo dead.

My confusion is that I although my club says PX5.5, it is a PX6.0 but I am hitting the XP regular really well. it is not flying off to the left.

My SS was measured , 86 - 88 mph.

HELP???

HCP
Local club/country
North Hants GC
Irons
MP59 3-PW, MP FLI-HI 2 iron, R-12 Black Satin wedges.
Driver
MP650 9.5, Axiv Core Black shaft.
Hi,

If your swing speed is between 86-88 mph with a 6 iron, and if you like the feel of the XP shaft, it maybe worth trying the DGXP shaft in the S300 flex. This is a better flex in that shaft for your Clubhead speed.

The XP shaft is lighter than the Prox shaft, and in the MX200 forged head in will feel softer off the face.

Hope this helps.

HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Mizuno JPX Pro, KB Tour Stiff , 1/2 longer , 2 deg upright
Driver
Mizuno MX700, Driver + 3 Wood (UST V2) + MX 700 Hybrid
thanks

Whilst the numbers may imply I need a stiffer shaft, what I am struggling with is;

I have a demo 6 Iron which today I hit 40 balls on the range and for the most part , they all went straight. The ones that did not , was down to the fact I did not hit them clean enough.

I guess what I am saying is , what would a stiff shaft actually do as the ball height, direction and length was good with the regular?. I do believe that I will need .5in longer, so not sure if that will affect anything?

I know that you will come back , get fitted :). The only issue that I have to wait until Sept 21st :-(, first slot Mizuno could give me

Top Bottom