Loft / Lie adjustments

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Egersund Golf Club, Norway
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
St200 driver, MP650 3 wood, JPX 800, hybrid,
Can`t find any info on Mizuno website, on Loft lie adjustments for MP1,JPX 900 & 919 models ,

LOS

Local club/country
England
Can`t find any info on Mizuno website, on Loft lie adjustments for MP1,JPX 900 & 919 models ,
Very odd what they have written
"
Loft and Lie adjustment

Mizuno irons can be adjusted to varying degrees depending on model and material type. In some cases, due to the softness of our forgings, “craftsman’s” marks on the hosels may result from bending them to the required loft / lie.

Any adjustment to loft will alter the bounce angle on the sole. Making the loft stronger will increase the offset and reduce the bounce angle.

Iron lofts can be bent up to 2 degrees stronger than standard (note: making the loft stronger will increase the offset and reduce the bounce angle of the sole).

No loft or lie adjustments can be made to drivers or fairway woods.

No loft angle adjustment is possible for JPX900 Hot Metal, MP-H5, JPX EZ, JPX Fli-Hi and Hybrid models."
https://golf.mizunoeurope.com/custom-fit/custom-specs/?tab=3

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Mizuno MP 64, 4,5,6 & 7- PW. MP T7 ,50,54,&58 dgr, wedges, Mizuno A, 309 Putter,
Driver
How the F did i miss that....

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
I was concerned that my new custom fit 919 tour irons were a little hooky when I got them. Put them on the lie board at Beeston and they were varying through the set from 0.25˚ upright to 2.5˚ upright!!! WTF has happened to quality control!!! I stuck them all to 0.5˚ flat and they are fantastic now. Mizuno wanted me to pay to send them back and not have any clubs for 2 weeks whilst they sorted. Why would I send them back to them when they didn't do them right in the first place..... shocking.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Frustrating - but they'd have to check that something was wrong first. It's not unknown for people to try it on - 'my friend checked them on his lie machine' looking for some kind of refund without every wanting to show us the clubs. The factory is generally very good with specs / checking. So they'll ask to verify anything. Often when we get do clubs back there's either nothing wrong, or they've been shut in car boot with marks to match. Unfortunately, means we can't do everything on trust.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
Just spoken to the cs team to clarify.

Clubs would be picked up at our expense. Checked at our expense. If any alterations needed - obviously done at our expense and returned.
The only bill would have been IF the clubs were all consistent and lie angles correct - at that point we would send a carriage bill to the retailer in question.

There would have been no bill from Mizuno to the retailer at stage 1. That doesn't mean a retailer wouldn't ask a consumer to cover the transit cost as a deposit.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
On another note - we bend upto 2 degrees. BUT we also have many iron models ordered at 2 degrees up - so we can go to 4 degrees (from standard) by bending the extra 2. It's a pretty complex matrix, so not consumer facing, but the good fitters understand the options.

Attached screen grabs for JPX919 Hot Metal and JPX919 Tour lie angle on the fitting software. Can see that with the Tour the lie angle options are wider.

Attachments

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Frustrating - but they'd have to check that something was wrong first. It's not unknown for people to try it on - 'my friend checked them on his lie machine' looking for some kind of refund without every wanting to show us the clubs. The factory is generally very good with specs / checking. So they'll ask to verify anything. Often when we get do clubs back there's either nothing wrong, or they've been shut in car boot with marks to match. Unfortunately, means we can't do everything on trust.
Thanks MPX.
I understand Mizuno's stance but I literally rung within a week that they were wrong. I quoted my build number etc and asked him to look at the specs. Its not ideal being left without clubs for 2-3weeks and also at the whim of someone suggesting I should pay for it when I have reported a QC issue

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Hada set of another brand five years ago, questioned the lie angles and slo length of shaft was told tolerance plus or minus half a degree in lie angle and 1/8" shaft length. I did it by eye and feel didn't measure before they went back and low and behold they were out , one iron by 1.5 degrees, and had to pay GBP 100.00 as it is open to the retailer whether they charge or not? Most bizarrely swing weights were out also. All I can put it down to is a Friday afternoon build . Frustrating as he'll though. I had a set of a miura built at Golfballisitx and it took just 5 days!

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Eeek.

These are the irons I would buy this year.

I don't have lie measurement equipment so I won't be able to check them.

Something wrong at Cumbernauld.

Stewart 57

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
As a clubmaker / fitter. I have a female friend ,senior golfer, low single figure hcp, plays mens clubs alway has, went to a Demo day by C****W**y. got fitted there , told them she wanted mens reg shafts, got them back, after 2 days brought them to me, to check, : shafts were recoil ladies, 1/2" short, in irons, 1.5" in woods,
swingweight , went from C5 - D0. lies went from 61-65, there was 3 dgr difference in the 7-8 irons, I altered the allto her specs, in the end took them back to CWay,
got her money back,

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
Driver
All - we would 100% cover any costs if there was an error. Not sure how that message got passed on. We can't do much about the time to get them back to the factory, checked and back in your hands. Our assembly line has been run by only 2 different people in the last 30 years - and the current manager worked for the first one. It's as watertight as you can get and they do genuinely care about getting it right. If there is an error - they just need the opportunity to see with their own eyes.

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
JPX 919 Hot Metal
I bought a set of JPX 919 Hot Metal and I am unaware of the Lie angle I need. I bought them 1 Inch longer with the standard lie and I want to have them adjusted to the lie angle I need. I am 6'6, so I need them to be longer. Will I be able to take them to a pro shop and have the lie angle adjusted upright if needed? Also, is 2 degrees as far as they can be adjusted?

Jimmsy89

HCP
Local club/country
Sandyhills golf club
Irons
Mp18
Driver
Calloway epic flash sub zero 9 hazard x 70g
Is there a way to find out the specs of my irons I purchased 2 years ago I think they are 1deg upright but not sure

Local club/country
UK
Hi

can loft be adjusted on MP20 HMBs as part of a custom order?

also, can the clubs be ordered without a grip? I play undersize and I dont think Mizuno stock my preferred option.

thanks

Top Bottom