Lefty?

reg

HCP
Local club/country
Australia
Irons
MP-60, 5-pw, MP-T10, 52, 56, 60
Anyone know if the new release irons will be available in left handed? Specifically the 53s?

I've seen on another forum say the 63s won't. Mizuno haven't bothered releasing many left handed clubs lately.

I have 60s and due for a new set, I'm holding out to try the 53s. If they aren't I'll have to scramble to buy some 52s before they become veery hard to find.

seve44

HCP
Local club/country
Denmark
Irons
MP 63 4-pw ProX 6,5 MPT-11 52 ProX 6,0 58+64 DG Spinner+
Driver
JPX 800 Driver w/ Diamana Ahina 70X, Jpx 800 3w w/Diamana Ahina 80X, Jpx 800 3H w/Oban Devotion 85X
Re: Lefty MP-53s???

You will be fine ;-)

bwmit

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
MP 32 4-PW
Driver
TM R7 SQ TP 9.5 Fuji Motore

seve44 said:
You will be fine ;-)
Fine for just the MP-53 or Fine as in both 53 & 63?

reg

HCP
Local club/country
Australia
Irons

Thanks, good to know theres at least one set being released in left hand.

By the look of the clubs I'm guessing they are going to be more forgiving than the 52s

sauceman

Local club/country
Canada
Irons
mp 60
Driver
905T

I would also like some wink wink confirmation.
Will we be fine for both the mp53s and mp63s?

Thus far we've been left out on the mp62, mp58

The mp57 wasn't a choice that was better than the mp60

The mp52 are nice, but again, not a better option for mp60 players

The mp68s are way too blade like, again the mp60 still a better option

There's a void between the thick 52s and 68s, in this space the 63 is the perfect introduction.

Titleist always introduces moulds for most of their offerings.

Recently, Mizuno has turned their back to the left handed spectrum completely. No MP driver, no MP fairway woods, and no MP hybrids.

Someone wrote that they're going to need to look to Titleist or something else. I don't blame them, I need to replace my 60s and am not waiting another 2 seasons for no options again.

sauceman

Local club/country
Canada
Irons
mp 60
Driver
905T

I would also like some wink wink confirmation.
Will we be fine for both the mp53s and mp63s?

Thus far we've been left out on the mp62, mp58

The mp57 wasn't a choice that was better than the mp60

The mp52 are nice, but again, not a better option for mp60 players

The mp68s are way too blade like, again the mp60 still a better option

There's a void between the thick 52s and 68s, in this space the 63 is the perfect introduction.

Titleist always introduces moulds for most of their offerings.

Recently, Mizuno has turned their back to the left handed spectrum completely. No MP driver, no MP fairway woods, and no MP hybrids.

Someone wrote that they're going to need to look to Titleist or something else. I don't blame them, I need to replace my 60s and am not waiting another 2 seasons for no options again.

HCP
Local club/country
Sycuan
Irons
Mp 53
Driver
Taylormade tri speed 9.5

I have a set of 53's left hand in my bag and they are amazing. They were fitted to me and ordered from mizuno. They have surpassed every idea of how amazing i thought they would be.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood

LH - MP-68 / MP-53 / JPX-800.

So half the line is available left hand. I think if that was Mizuno's right handed line up, people would think it was strong.

But i can see why the left handers feel left out. Unfortunately Mizuno tends to have quite a few models - which means its impossible to have the entire line in left hand. The Grain Flow moulds are way too expensive to allow Mizuno more than 2 better players forged left hand models.

I think as things move forward the % of models offered in left handed will increase - but there might be fewer right handed models.

Left hand is something we talk about a lot internally. As golfers we want to offer as much as we can.

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff

What might help us understand whether the lefties are being short changed is the left handed players statistics...

What precentage of golfers are left handed??? Anyone know???

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade

Deemac said:
What might help us understand whether the lefties are being short changed is the left handed players statistics...

What precentage of golfers are left handed??? Anyone know???
According to info I received when working with US club maker 10 yrs ago their study found.
Canada around 20 %
Aust around 15
USA around 7
Euro ?

Percentage increasing marginally each year worldwide as 1. new generations emerge and there is less pressure from parents to be right handed when they are a natural left handed (especially writing). 2. More products are offered left handed.
From my observations for example I am amazed by the number of left handed cricketers who play golf right handed? More options of left handed cricket bats?

BigPete

HCP
Local club/country
Ruthin and Pwllglas

There do seem to be a high percentage of Canadian pros who're lefties - odd that.

The big irony is that Phil "Lefty" Mickleson is right handed but just mirrored his dad's golf instruction (might be an urban myth that - don't quote me)

Also noticed a high proportion of the cricket great batsmen are lefties. There may be something to that ofc as it might be harder / uncomfortable to bowl to them.

I'm right handed but left footed and eat left handed.

I've seen ppl swing righty but putt lefty - also odd.

reg

HCP
Local club/country
Australia
Irons

Doesn't matter if you are left or right handed with a cricket bat, they are all the same. Aus t20 player Dave Warner bats LH, plays golf right.

I would think the mx-300's and what will be the jpx 800 pros would be the best selling clubs in mizuno's range, why not make them in left hand.

To me the 68's would be a small market, I'd prefer 63's and jpx 800 pro be LH rather than 68 and 53.

With the PW of the 53's being 46deg and the mp-t wedges only available in 52 for LH it's too big a gap. I'm considering switching back to Titleist, far more options for lefty's.

Lord Helmet

HCP
Local club/country
USA
Irons
MX200 5i&6i - MP53 7,8,9i, PW, Callaway X Forged 51 GW,Callaway x forged 56 SW
Driver
Callaway X Hot

reg said:
Doesn't matter if you are left or right handed with a cricket bat, they are all the same. Aus t20 player Dave Warner bats LH, plays golf right.

I would think the mx-300's and what will be the jpx 800 pros would be the best selling clubs in mizuno's range, why not make them in left hand.

To me the 68's would be a small market, I'd prefer 63's and jpx 800 pro be LH rather than 68 and 53.

With the PW of the 53's being 46deg and the mp-t wedges only available in 52 for LH it's too big a gap. I'm considering switching back to Titleist, far more options for lefty's.
You could just bend the wedge to 51* and have a good gap there. Thats what I did.

seve44

HCP
Local club/country
Denmark
Irons
MP 63 4-pw ProX 6,5 MPT-11 52 ProX 6,0 58+64 DG Spinner+
Driver
JPX 800 Driver w/ Diamana Ahina 70X, Jpx 800 3w w/Diamana Ahina 80X, Jpx 800 3H w/Oban Devotion 85X

Numbers of left handed golfers, normally relate to the succes of Icehockey in the countries.. If you are right handed, you keep that hand on the top of the stick, that will then also me natural for them playing golf.
So big lefties markets are
- Canada, Sweden, Finland
There will also be a difference in the north American Market, between north and south.
In the rest of the world there is not many golfer playing left..
But with 3 left handed model, there is still more Mizuno in left, than many offers in right.. ;-(

Alastair Gibson

HCP
Local club/country
FIFE

As the biggest "not enough leftie options" moaner on this site i have no issues at all about the choice of irons! If you cant find an iron that fits out of the three available then think the issue is with the player not the choice of options.

What i would say though is that no "players" clubs for hybrids and woods. In particular the lack of a "2 iron" loft hybrid (17-18 degrees) is an insult to us lefties.

Im feeling brave so im going to ask!!

Which of Mizuno's new line of putters is available in leftie, the site doesn't seem to specify.

Toys WILL be coming out of the pram on the way to my nearest Titleist dealer if the answer is "none!!!!"

Lord Helmet

HCP
Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
Callaway X Hot

Alastair Gibson said:
As the biggest "not enough leftie options" moaner on this site i have no issues at all about the choice of irons! If you cant find an iron that fits out of the three available then think the issue is with the player not the choice of options.

What i would say though is that no "players" clubs for hybrids and woods. In particular the lack of a "2 iron" loft hybrid (17-18 degrees) is an insult to us lefties.

Im feeling brave so im going to ask!!

Which of Mizuno's new line of putters is available in leftie, the site doesn't seem to specify.

Toys WILL be coming out of the pram on the way to my nearest Titleist dealer if the answer is "none!!!!"
Just turn around and putt righty! I do! Play lefty until I putt. :)

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood

Best get the bad news out of the way - the putters are only available in RH - one reason being that they aren't available at all in the US. Makes the overall volumes impossible to manage a left hand version.

Like Seve44 said, the left handed Mizuno range alone would make a pretty good right handed range. But there are a few gaps for sure.

It's a tough solution for Mizuno due to the high production / set up costs of our forgings. We offers as many left hand variations as we can - but a high production cost with a model aimed at the slim end of the golf spectrum (single digit golfers) doesn't look so good when you boil that down the 5% or so that are left handed.

It's not a vendetta on left handers - there are left handers here at Mizuno. Its just the limitations of the way Mizuno manufactures and the relatively small volume it makes per model (before we split off the left hand numbers).

A big sector of left handers are actually in Canada - so European only models are a real struggle to get in left handed.

We'll keep pushing where we can to get the left hand covering more full. We can see where the gaps are and there are plans to rectify.
I can promise you that MP-68 left handed wouldn't win many business awards as a concept. But we do push things as far as we can.

Lord Helmet

HCP
Local club/country
USA
Irons
Driver
Callaway X Hot

MPX said:
Best get the bad news out of the way - the putters are only available in RH - one reason being that they aren't available at all in the US. Makes the overall volumes impossible to manage a left hand version.

Like Seve44 said, the left handed Mizuno range alone would make a pretty good right handed range. But there are a few gaps for sure.

It's a tough solution for Mizuno due to the high production / set up costs of our forgings. We offers as many left hand variations as we can - but a high production cost with a model aimed at the slim end of the golf spectrum (single digit golfers) doesn't look so good when you boil that down the 5% or so that are left handed.

It's not a vendetta on left handers - there are left handers here at Mizuno. Its just the limitations of the way Mizuno manufactures and the relatively small volume it makes per model (before we split off the left hand numbers).

A big sector of left handers are actually in Canada - so European only models are a real struggle to get in left handed.

We'll keep pushing where we can to get the left hand covering more full. We can see where the gaps are and there are plans to rectify.
I can promise you that MP-68 left handed wouldn't win many business awards as a concept. But we do push things as far as we can.
Appreciate your communication. This lefty would prefer a MP63 over a MP68 but overall I am very happy with my Mizuno irons so I wont complain....

Alastair Gibson

HCP
Local club/country
FIFE

MPX

I genuinely appreciate your reply, thank you.

I also genuinely appreciate Mizuno's position, profit is after all the name of the game, that is a fact of business.

I think my biggest cause for annoyance is that i currently have Mizuno items that i cannot replace with new Mizuno items, namely a 17 degree Hybrid and a putter, and therefore view newer equipment line-ups as a step backward.

I note that there are 3 MP putters and 5 Line 90 putters.

I am interested to find out whether each require a seperate forging "mould" and, based on that do you as a company believe that you will sell each of the 8 putter lines in right hand in higher quantities than you would sell a single putter option (one forging) in leftie?

I suppose i will content myself with the fact that if a whole continent is missing out i am a small fish!!!

Thank you for paying heed to my rant. (PS Do you still have any CLK 17 degree LH heads lying about Mizunoland? Haha)

Al

reg

HCP
Local club/country
Australia
Irons

MP-68 LH would have to be the smallest market of all time. That's why I dont understand why they would be made in LH and the JPX 800 pros not. Same with 63's which would be a far bigger market.

With PW lofts going down a 50 deg MP-10 wedge in LH is needed. 52 used to be the standard gap wedge but now it's moved towards 50 I think.

Top Bottom