leftblade

HCP
Local club/country
Golfrange München-Brunnthal
Irons
Mizuno/MP-60/4-PW
Driver
Titleist/D2/10,5°, Matrix X-con5 stiff
why does mizuno only offer limited series of clubs for left handed players. Titleist, PING and even Callaway do offer their top models for left handed players as well.
I would really look after MP 62 or 67 and appropriate wedges and it looks at the moment as I need to change the brand.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
At the blade/pro end of the line (eg: MP-67), the sales of each model are relatively small. The amount of left handed sets needed are so few that it is hard to open up a new master mould.

It's very different with cast clubs like the Pings - the moulds are much cheaper and the quantities of individual models far larger. Mizuno tends to have more models within the line. Hence we produce far less of those individual models.

It is very unlikley we will ever have every single model available in left hand. However, we will increasingly try to make sure that all the handicap brackets are covered with a good left handed offering.

At the moment we have MP-57, MP-52, MX-200 and MX-100 all available in left handed. We are aware that this leaves a gap at the 62/67 end of the line. There are plans to address this.

Next launches are planned for September. Left handers in this category - hang on if you can.

HCP
Local club/country
WYCHWOOD PARK CHESHIRE
Irons
MIZUNO MP32 3-PW + 52 56 +60
Driver
TAYLORMADE R7 SUPERQUAD
Have to agree I would love a set of MP67 Irons. And as the MP32's i play with is no longer made there is a void that needs filling

bwmit

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
MP 32 4-PW
Driver
TM R7 SQ TP 9.5 Fuji Motore
It can be hard being a lefty but I think it helps it a few ways:

1. I have to research my "buys" and be patient.
2. I'm less likely to switch clubs to often.

Playing the 32's now but will switch to the 52's or 57's next.

Cheers and go Mizuno!

Top Bottom