JPX Gap or S18

HCP
Local club/country
Greystones GC
Irons
Mizuno H4 (3,4) MP 54 (5-W) Vokey 50, 54, Ping 58
Driver
Titleist 915 D3 / 5.5 / Diamana S
I am about to order a set of JPX Forged. Cannot make up mind between the set 50 degrees or the S18 50 degree. Any views?

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Hello ... I have the 900 Forged as well - One of the (many) things I like about the set was the compact size of the short irons, including the wedge - Based on that, when I saw there was a GW available, I thought I'd died & gone to heaven, so I ordered one - I had not been able to see one before I ordered, and was very disappointed when it arrived - It wasn't anything like the size of the PW, and I put it straight on eBay! - After a chat with my Pro, I opted for the 50* T7 wedge, which is much more the size I was after & blends in nicely with the 900 Forged (imho)
Hope that helps & if nothing else suggests (if you can) try to see the club(s) you plan to buy before ordering them?
Paul  

Bonobobananas

HCP
Local club/country
England
Irons
Titleist T100s 😬
Driver
TM Stealth 2+
Just to muddy the water, I rather liked my 900 forged GW and played well with it. I thought it was perfectly in keeping with the set and bearing in mind loft changes now mean the GW is really a PW from years gone by it was spot on.

But. I bought the MP18s so sold the 6-gw. Now have a Cleveland 50degree which I don’t think I hit as well. I would have an MP18 mb gap wedge in a heartbeat, gutted they don’t make them.

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
I have a 900f GW and I absolutely love it. Been using it for chipping, pitching and 115yrds. 

Top Bottom