Paolo_CZ

HCP
Local club/country
http://www.golfbrno.cz/
Irons
MP-4 KBS stiff, MP-T5 50° 55° 60° KBS stiff
Driver
Ping G30LS, stiff+
morning to all, I have JPX EZ 3wood with Grafalloy Blue S, oh man I can smash this thing like 244m !! ou yea, meters not yards. Standard distance is 227m. And that's my concerning issue. With driver I have almost the same distance but huge dispersion :( Ping G30LS with their tour shaft stiff as well. How is that possible?

Swing speed 3Wood 100 mph
Swing speed 1Driver 107 mph

Smash factor 3Wood 1.51
Smash factor 1Driver 1.44

Which scenario is the best:
  • to buy Grafalloy Blue S? but I dont know the weight (might be 60 or 70 or 75, it is not written on shaft it self) also I dont know the trim specification. Will it behave the same?
  • to buy a new driver, specifically looking at Mitshubishi Diamona Blue which I tested few years ago. But since than I grow a bit, swing is more .... how to say it .... nicer :)
  • any suggestion?

worth to mention I am living in country with very limited possibility of proper fitting :(

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
Based on the info you have provided, in my opinion, you are hiting the 3 wood out of the sweet spot & the driver all over the face! - Whilst the driver has a much bigger head, the shaft is longer & it is harder to hit the sweet spot with the same regularity as you are doing with the 3 wood - I would suggest you try a shorter shaft in your driver (maybe 1" off your current length) and you should find the sweet spot on a more regular basis?
Good luck ... Paul

DGMP

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
MP63 3-PW
Driver
JPX-EZ
Buy a JPX EX driver to match your 3-wood.
I play JPX EZ driver, 3-wood, and 5-wood.
Of the 14 par four and par 5 holes, I typically play driver off of 5 of the tee boxes, 3 wood off 7 of the tee boxes, and 5-wood off of 2 of the tee boxes.
Having the same brand/head style makes rotating off of the tee boxes seamless.

Top Bottom