Jpx 919 forged combi set

martin43

HCP
Local club/country
bristol
Hi i want to go forged in 8 PW and 7 6 and 5 in hot metal can the hot metals be bent to modern lofts like the forged thanks for the help

martin43

HCP
Local club/country
bristol
That seems wired as doing some reading today a interview with Chris voshall says for the hot metal to be bent 1 degree to match the forged . Also some is mentioning that there are 3 loft choices traditional modern and strong . How would the 7 work with the 8 as there would be 6 degrees of loft difference

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Caprington Golf Club Kilmarnock
Irons
MIZUNO JPX921HM irons 5-PW
Driver
ST-X 230 12.0 deg N.S.Pro 950 GH Neo R flex shaft
That seems wired as doing some reading today a interview with Chris voshall says for the hot metal to be bent 1 degree to match the forged . Also some is mentioning that there are 3 loft choices traditional modern and strong . How would the 7 work with the 8 as there would be 6 degrees of loft difference
Hi Martin43,

There is an excellent YouTube video by Ian Fraser of TXG Tour Experience Golf explaining that the loft and lie of the JPX919 Hot Metal & the JPX919 Hot Metal Pro iron's can be bent to blend them in to the forged iron set,
if you don't want to watch the complete video from the start just start the video at 12.00 min., in to the section in the video where he explains this..

The video can be found by searching ("Best irons of 2018? Mizuno 919 Hot Metal")

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Thank you I wonder why on the website it says not to bend
Yes I also found it strange that they have that on the website and then contradict them selfs on the promotional videos when Chris Voshall says that they can be adjusted to make a seamless combo set using the forged irons...!,

Perhaps MPX could clear up the confusion for us...?

Last edited:

martin43

HCP
Local club/country
bristol
So would I bend the hot metal 2 degrees to match the forged or would they then go to hi . I think they should of made them the same lofts then you could just make a set up like my old mph5s

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
So would I bend the hot metal 2 degrees to match the forged or would they then go to hi . I think they should of made them the same lofts then you could just make a set up like my old mph5s
Best answer I could offer is go test the irons in order to determine what adjustments if any would be required,
only you know your game and what distance, dispersion & high/mid/low ball flight you want to see in your game..!

I see by your Mizuno aviator you are based around the Bristol area so you are not that far from the Mizuno Performance Centre at Celtic Manor you could give them a call and explain what you are looking to do and maybe they could offer some advice and guidance to help you,

Maybe once you have talked to them you could go along and demo the irons and as its a Mizuno Performance Centre they should be able to adjust the lie & loft there and then..?.

martin43

HCP
Local club/country
bristol
Many thanks a pro I know has all the new swing DNA now in so I might go for a gap test see where we are

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Many thanks a pro I know has all the new swing DNA now in so I might go for a gap test see where we are
That sounds good to me best of luck let us know how you get on..! 👍

martin43

HCP
Local club/country
bristol
Went and seen my mate tonight I had 148 yrds with the forged 8 iron and 158 with the hot metal pro 7 then 172 with the hot metal pro 6 .so should be fine with that

seanmor

HCP
WHS 18.0
Local club/country
Irons
Driver
Went and seen my mate tonight I had 148 yrds with the forged 8 iron and 158 with the hot metal pro 7 then 172 with the hot metal pro 6 .so should be fine with that
Thats great Martin, gaping figures look to be ok no need to make any loft changes👌

Cheers John ⛳️🏌️

HCP
Local club/country
United States
Irons
TM RBladez Tour
Driver
Rogue
Hi i want to go forged in 8 PW and 7 6 and 5 in hot metal can the hot metals be bent to modern lofts like the forged thanks for the help
I went forged 6-p with 4-5 in the HM Pro. I liked the similar look of the pro and forged

Lucas D

HCP
Local club/country
Belgium
Irons
JPX forged 850
Driver
ST 180
I went forged 6-p with 4-5 in the HM Pro. I liked the similar look of the pro and forged
Would the gap be the same with the forged and hot metals.
Unfortunately the HM pro's don't exist in LH which I cannot understand.

MPX

Administrator
Staff member
HCP
Local club/country
UK
Irons
JPX919 Hot Metal Pro 4-PW (C Taper Lite stiff), T20 wedges chrome - 50 / 56
Driver
ST-Z driver, ST200x 3wood, ST200x 5 wood
Sorry to be late in. Have to remember that centre of gravity is very different across all the models - we set them all up to behave like the iron they're supposed to be (eg: a 7 iron should fly like a 7 iron). You might remember we actually weakened the JPX919 Forged model this time around as the JPX900 Forged came out a little too low for the spin they generated. So don't assume that a split set of 919 Hot Metal and 919 Tour would need matching lofts. The Hot Metal would fly too high if weakened.

Top Bottom