HCP
Local club/country
Portugal
Irons
Taylormade burner
Driver
Ping g 20
Hello

I'm 65 years old with some lesions on my back and knees and I'm going to change my irons for graphite.

I have 13 handicap and regularly play under 90 strokes.

I'm in love with mizuno 919 and studied a combo between 919 hotmetal and forged.

the problem is that there is a difference of the loft of the hotmetal for the forged ones.

hotmetal iron 5,6 and 7

forged iron 8.9, pw and gw

the difference of iron 7 hotmetal (30 degrees) and iron 8 forged (36 degrees) is huge.

What do you advise me?

Will these irons hold graphite well or will I have a long adaptation period?

Thank you for the attention you can give me.

Best regards

Nuno Montenegro from Porto, Portugal

RobCH

HCP
Local club/country
Nomadic
Irons
JPX 900 Forged 5-PW, JPX FliHi 4, T7 50, 54, 58 wedges. Odyssey Tank putter
Driver
GT180 driver & 3 wood, JPX 900 3 Hybrid
Hi Nuno and welcome. I see what you mean about the loft gap, which will likely be compounded by the faster face of the hot metals. What specifically are you looking to gain from splitting the set? I'd at least consider using the Forged irons for the whole set, unless there's something very particular you like about the Hot Metals.

HCP
Local club/country
Portugal
Irons
Taylormade burner
Driver
Ping g 20
Thanks for replay
I have more dificulty in long irons. Hot metal are more forguiveness. There are big diference?
I live in porto Portugal and i have no fitting centre. I am in love for 919 forged and i am afraid that 5 and 6 irons are perhaps a litle more dificults.
I am going to try graphite shafts. Project x lz 4,5. I am 65 years old and my backs cry a litle.
Buy without fitting is a lotterie
What did you Tina about
Thanks
Nuno

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Thanks for replay
I have more dificulty in long irons. Hot metal are more forguiveness. There are big diference?
I live in porto Portugal and i have no fitting centre. I am in love for 919 forged and i am afraid that 5 and 6 irons are perhaps a litle more dificults.
I am going to try graphite shafts. Project x lz 4,5. I am 65 years old and my backs cry a litle.
Buy without fitting is a lotterie
What did you Tina about
Thanks
Nuno
Recently started to use the project X LZ graphite shat in A flex and have been very impressed with them. I went from EZs to 900 Hot Metals and love them. Easy to hit, good flight and not too clunky looking. What more can you ask for ?

HCP
Local club/country
Portugal
Irons
Taylormade burner
Driver
Ping g 20
Thanks.Have you try the r flex 4.5. There are big difference? I am afraid the A flex is to flexible
I have no fitting centre near me.
Best regards
Nuno

DCB

HCP
Local club/country
Midlothian, Scotland http://www.merchantsgolf.com
Irons
My ReHab Bag - Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-GW A Shafts, JPX EX 4H, JPX 900 5 & 7 Wood Orochi RL Shafts.
Driver
JPX 900
Thanks.Have you try the r flex 4.5. There are big difference? I am afraid the A flex is to flexible
I have no fitting centre near me.
Best regards
Nuno
Sorry, didn't try the R flex as swing speed is very slow nowadays. Been playing senior flex for a few years now.

Top Bottom