HCP
Local club/country
Portugal
Irons
Taylormade burner
Driver
Ping g 20
Hello

I'm 65 years old with some lesions on my back and knees and I'm going to change my irons for graphite.

I have 13 handicap and regularly play under 90 strokes.

I'm in love with mizuno 919 and studied a combo between 919 hotmetal and forged.

the problem is that there is a difference of the loft of the hotmetal for the forged ones.

hotmetal iron 5,6 and 7

forged iron 8.9, pw and gw

the difference of iron 7 hotmetal (30 degrees) and iron 8 forged (36 degrees) is huge.

What do you advise me?

Will these irons hold graphite well or will I have a long adaptation period?

Thank you for the attention you can give me.

Best regards

Nuno Montenegro from Porto, Portugal

LOS

Local club/country
England
Have you considered just getting the 5&6 in the Hot metal, a 7 iron in the forged bent 1* strong and the 8-gw forged as normal?
That would give you from the 6 iron to the gap wedge a consistent 5* gapping.
If you are going from steel to graphite what is the difference in shaft weight? I went to recoil95's when I bought my jpx900's and this was the same weight I was using in steel so from a shaft point of view I was getting a higher flight loft to loft in the graphite but my difficulty was the stronger lofts in the shorter irons took time to get used to.

HCP
Local club/country
Portugal
Irons
Taylormade burner
Driver
Ping g 20
Make sense in relation for iron loft. I have 5 degrees gap between 6 to gap.
To the shafts i think Project x lz 4,5 regular because my Backes injurie. I have no Feedback of this irons with this wheigt shafts.
Here in Porto, Portugal we have not a credible fitting center and i am going to buy online. It is a risk i have no chance.
Best regards
Nuno

Top Bottom