HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Really?  a friend of mine recorded it for me on VHS and dropped it around as we don't have SKY coverage..........

I really hope Woods does make the cut at Augusta as it's his first big major test from being out of the game for so long, and trust me the golfing world has been making serious progress whilst he's been away.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
It certainly seems like Tiger has electrified the field. Even Rory has woken up and seems to be playing to win and actually caring.

With the great winter we've had, I haven't even missed golf all that much but now with Phil winning, Stenson, Rose, McIlroy, Tiger occupying the top spots, I can't wait for the Masters. The dark winter is almost over and now I'm really starting to feel the need to get out there myself.

And the add Sky Sports has made about the Masters is giving me the chills once again.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I haven't cared much for the Fed Ex Cup as I think their playoff system is a joke but tonight I was glued to the telly hoping Justin wins it.

The sea of people following Tiger on the 18th was ridiculous.

RMM

HCP
Local club/country
Golf St. Apollinaire (France)
Irons
MP-68 DG-S300 3, Black Nickel 4 - PW / MP-T11 Black Nickel 50/52/54/56/58/60/64 / Bobby Grace Putter / Back-up irons: MP-60 2-P, MP-67 2-P
Driver
TSi2 10 Tensei blue/ 910F 15 Kai'li / 910F 19 Kai'li
I haven't cared much for the Fed Ex Cup as I think their playoff system is a joke but tonight I was glued to the telly hoping Justin wins it.

The sea of people following Tiger on the 18th was ridiculous.
Whether or not one cares for Tiger or the Fed Ex Cup, Justin is certainly a great ball striker and a nice person, but yesterday's event was (again) the proof that this great sport of golf (still) needs Tiger in great form.

Too bad only that he has not found back his way to Mizzie Irons.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I'm surprised it's been 5 months since anyone posted her, specially considering Tiger's recent performance on the course.

It sre looks like he's back to me. I don't think he's ever going to be as intimidating as he once was, but let's face it, tere were a lot of us who felt he would never be competitive again. His story is pretty incredible, if you ask me.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I'm surprised it's been 5 months since anyone posted her, specially considering Tiger's recent performance on the course.

It sre looks like he's back to me. I don't think he's ever going to be as intimidating as he once was, but let's face it, tere were a lot of us who felt he would never be competitive again. His story is pretty incredible, if you ask me.
Hi Dennis ... Bearing in mind that a lot of this forum's members are UK based, I don't think it's a surprise that there is a degree of apathy surrounding Tiger - Yes he has done well since his comeback - The latest surgery really seems to have worked, but as you said, he isn't near the intimidating player he once was - I still find it amusing that even over here (where Sky cover all the golf) they would rather watch Tiger stinking up the course (or at best playing mediocre) than watch someone else playing well, whether in contention or not ...
Paul

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Your comment about seeing Tiger play lousy instead of someone else playing well might just be human nature. We obviously put our heroes on such a pedestal that I don't think is uncommon. I felt exactly the same way about Arnold Palmer. Just being in his presence was thrill enough to not be concerned over who was actually winning.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
I started this thread..... now I’ll finish it....

TIGER IS BACK BABY 🐐🐅🐐🐅🐐

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
Very well done Tiger! The golfing gods were certainly looking down on you today :)

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Never thought he would win a major again.
Thought Molinari had it in the bag.

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
Two double bogeys on back nine, five out of six in last two groups in water on 12th, happy birthday tiger....gifted it to young Eldrick

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Putted average all week but irons like lasers. If he sorts out the elder wand I feel sorry for the rest... could be tiger era 2.0

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
Did you actually watch last week? Short game was probably best in the field by a long way. Driving was as erratic as it was when he was winning majors every time he stepped on tee.
the only areas of his game that let him down and ultimately stopped him winning was his approach shots and putting on Sunday. Didn’t give himself enough clear looks and when he did he was burning edges....

its inevitable that he wins wins again and wins majors, I think if he gets going then we could see a second period of domination.... these young guys haven’t played in the heat with him and the crowd.

My post aged fantastically well :D:cool::D:cool:

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
I wish tiger all the very best in his quest he's certainly started off his return campaign very well, only time will tell though

Top Bottom