HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Just watching the Jon Rahm show at this years Irish Open held in my home county of Antrim in N. Ireland
Commentators just mentioned that it has been confirmed that the 2018 event will be held at Ballyliffin GC
in Co Donegal - Some of you may have heard me waxing lyrical about Ballyliffin, as my brother is a member
there & it is rightly referred to as one of Irish golf's hidden gems - Two fantastic links courses: The Old Links,
known by the locals as the "Wee Course", is over 6,900 yards! - The Glashedy course is a monster! - It was
over 7,200 yards but apparently in anticipation of hosting the Irish Open, is being lengthened further :eek:
It'll be interesting to see how the big boys cope with it?
Lots of nice pics of the course ... Here's one to wet your appetite ...
Slainte ... Paul

Attachments

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
Ballyliffin is awesome. Even just the area itself. A wee bit down the coast you have Standhill and County Sligo g.c. absolutely beautiful settings.
But back on topic, Ballyliffin and Doonbeg are far superior to the oft-eulogised Ballybunion.
For hidden gem though....the old head in Kinsale, but good luck getting on there.

Top Bottom