HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
As I write this, I'm watching coverage of the hurricane currently throwing 100+ mph winds at Ireland. Being sort of familiar with hurricanes, I hope none of our forum members are affected by such uncommon weather. Prayers for all of youo in the area...

As soon as possible, please let us know you are OK.

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
Havoc caused at my folks. The roof of my folks garden shed is currently 100m away from the garden shed in a field behind their house. House is fine. Dad said the sky turned green and he's never seen clouds moving so fast. 

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Craigmiller Park in Edinburgh
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
You're a good man Dennis. 

I'm east coast Scotland so Ireland then west coast Scotland has slowed Ophelia down to a strong wind thankfully. 

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
When Hurricane Irma came through here last month, it was something like category 2. It strengthened and hit the west coast of Florida and more northern areas of the coast much harder than here in Miami. We were really lucky at the expense of other Floridians' misfortune.

All the same, I still see devastation around me, roofs with holes in them, windows blown out and lots of trees and fences blown down. Even though Irma wasn't a strong hurricane here in Miami, I still wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

When I hear something like that is going to hit someplace my friends live, specially when I know it's so unusual for them that I know they can't be as well prepared as I would know how to be, I worry... For me and everyone else in Miami, hurricane season is a fact of life. It's not such a threat for all of you, so again, I worry about you all.

Of course, many of my friends in Europe play golf in such bad weather I'd be hiding inside my shuttered home... ;-)

Fluffywan

HCP
Local club/country
Chobham GC, Surrey
Irons
MP-T5 (KBS T, s, 53° and 57°), MP-H5 2i, 4i, 5i (KBS T, s), JPX-900f 7-GW (KBS T, s), X-Act tank
Driver
JPX EZ 3wd (14°), Fujikora 6 (s), Cobra F7 (10.5°), ProjextX HZRDUS Black 75
A few twazzocks were arrested under public order offenses in Ireland during the storm, apparently they didn't take too kindly to being told they couldn't go surfing and kite surfing off Spanish point and later the Cliffs of Moher. These spots have a "kamikaze" rating......I did not know such a rating existed until yesterday.......under "normal" circumstances. Coastguard moved them on and then they got a wee bit shirty, plod turned up and arrested them.

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Absolute nightmare in northern England.

Major damage to my property.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
OH GOD, THE UTTER TRAGEDY...

I hope insurance pays for all the damage.

I need to take some pictures of something here. It irritates me to death to see this damage because everyone knows the county government was responsible for it. Long story short, there are a lot of trees planted along the swales, (area between the sidewalk and the street), and these trees blew over like neat little soldiers in line. They now lean on a fence. If you look at the root system and the piece of grass about 6 feet in diameter that came off the ground, you realize the roots are about 6 inches deep, so you could have easily predicted these trees would fall in any kind of moderate wind.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Here's what I mentioned about these foolish trees that have shallow root systems. This one happens to be in a neighbor's yard, but there are hundreds like it all over town.

That's my Bichon Frise Hogan before he watered the tree.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Varry Hardon said:
Absolute nightmare in northern England.

Major damage to my property.

Was it Hurricane Brewdog that upended the chair?

Dennis, those trees are bonkers and you're spot on about the County being responsible. Daft idea. 

But nice wee attack hound you have there. 

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
Thanks - My dog Hogan is my best buddy and constant companion. He loved to go to the golf course wiht me and ride around in the cart. He was a rescue, an abandoned dog found in an avocado grove in Homestead, Florida. My $100 rescue turned out to be a pure bred Bichon Frise. He has a birth defect, no tail, and we suspect a breeder probably threw him away because he didn't want to breed down the line with a dog that had a defect.

Hogan had a  ball during the hurricane. He loves to watch storms out the livingroom window, but we had shutters up, so when we opened the front door to look outside a couple times, I held him and he was stretching his neck out to smell the wind and feel the breeze.

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
DennisMiller said:
Thanks - My dog Hogan is my best buddy and constant companion. He loved to go to the golf course wiht me and ride around in the cart. He was a rescue, an abandoned dog found in an avocado grove in Homestead, Florida. My $100 rescue turned out to be a pure bred Bichon Frise. He has a birth defect, no tail, and we suspect a breeder probably threw him away because he didn't want to breed down the line with a dog that had a defect.

Hogan had a  ball during the hurricane. He loves to watch storms out the livingroom window, but we had shutters up, so when we opened the front door to look outside a couple times, I held him and he was stretching his neck out to smell the wind and feel the breeze.
That's ace Dennis. I'd love a dog, but just don't have the lifestyle to give one a fair home. Mrs Z keeps up with the animal kingdom with three cats and two horses. I'm an Equestrian widower so have no choice but to play golf all weekend. 

Hard life eh?! 

Varry Hardon

HCP
Local club/country
Dukinfield
Irons
H5 long irons, Takomo 101T, S23 wedges
Driver
ST-G
Oh, no. Now Storm Brian is here.

#pray_for_varry

zombie

HCP
Dunno
Local club/country
Irons
Need replaced
Driver
Working well
Varry Hardon said:

#pray_for_varry
Storm Br1an_g? 

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC Hampshire
Irons
Mizuno MP-20 MMC (4-AW) Modus3 105s
Driver
TM Stealth II MRC Tensei Orange 50s
Varry Hardon said:

#pray_for_varry
#pray_for_hardon surely :lol:

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
I assume you didn't take this picture, Dennis.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
No, that was around the corner from me... ;-)

My little pupster is scared of doggie doors. He tried to follow a friend's dog through one at her house and it swung back and hit him in the nose. Since then, he won't go near one.

Top Bottom