Image Posting Hints

LOS

Local club/country
England
There seems to be a few problems with people trying to post images so I will start a thread for people to add to.

1. Keep the image < 300kB in size.
2.JPEG (.JPG...) is preferable . Other formats do work but some such as .png can be very large.

To post images.
1. Copy to clipboard and then Paste does work.
2.Inserting image:
image1.jpg
To insert an image click on the icon the red arrow is pointing to and a box will open allowing you to drop the image in or to search your files for the image. Sometimes the Toolbar is greyed out due to the icon the black arrow is pointing to being accidentally clicked, just click the icon again and all icons should then be available.

3 Screenshots
a. If you wish to post an image from a web page computers, I will stick with windows as I don't have a Mac, generally have a PrtSc button on their keyboard which will take a snapshot of the whole screen which can then be edited to produce the image and size you want using "Paint" and save as a .jpg file. This image can then be inserted into the forum using method 2.

b.If you use Firefox as you browser the process is simpler.
Rt click your "mouse" and you will see
sc2.jpg
Click on the "Take a screenshot"
You will see something like this.Ihave slightly modified it to remove my bookmarks.
sc3a.jpg
Clicking on the page will allow you to perform a rectangular crop to produce the image that you want. This image can then be copied to the clipboard and then pasted directly in to your post. It's very quick and is the method I use to post the images of the scores.

DMT

HCP
Local club/country
Celtic Manor
Irons
JPX Tour 919 (5-PW) 50, 54 and 60 degree Vokeys
Driver
Ping G 10.5 Tour Stiff
Thanks. I was just using the “attach files” option (tired iPad and iPhone). Maybe it’s the file size, or perhaps the filename. It looks like it’s loading (status bar percentage counts up towards 100%) but then it greys out and puts a line through the filename (like a strikethrough in Word). File name does look incredibly long.....maybe 20-30 characters. Guess I could try saving to Dropbox and renaming / resizing file size. Anyway, the pic I had was of 5 mizuno putters on the rack in Celtic Manor. Better photos can be found elsewhere I’m sure!

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
If my memory serves me right, there is a file size limit? - I always resize my images to 800 pixels on the longest side (even Windows Paint lets you do that easily)
I then use the Insert Image icon on the toolbar (Red Arrow in LOS post above) You can then browse files on your computer & select the one you want
Hope that helps?
Paul

Top Bottom