How Well Known Is Mizuno In Your Country?

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Torrance House Golf Club EK
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Mizuno JPX 850 Fujikura Orochi 60g Stiff
Having surfed these boards for a few months it has become clear that Mizuno has a very different profile depending upon which country you come from.

It appears that in the US and UK they have a high profile with most golfers aware of the quality Mizuno are known for. However it also appears that there are some countries where Mizuno are still little heard of...

What is Mizuno's reputation/profile like in your country or part of the country...

Terry

HCP
Local club/country
Queensland
Irons
Lefty MP 60 ,5/pw,NS pro,950 gh reg , titleist 910 15,g30 18, g30 22,Tseries wedge. ,Ping Scottsdale
Driver
Jpx ez ,S xlr8,10.5 fade
I get a little envious when I read about National Fitting centres etc. In Aust until about 15 months ago Mizuno was sold by an agent and advertising was zero.The only clubs anyone knew about were the 32`s I remember when I first took to the course with the MX 25s 12 months ago in a comp my partner who was off 2 suggested that I was not good enough for Mizunos. Now Mizuno gets lots of exposure and has lots of Demo days in the East of the Country.
It can only get better but I believe they really need a headline player for the brand to get a stronger footing.

hvcarvalho

HCP
Local club/country
www.xiragolfe.pt
Irons
Mizuno, JPX 825 2h&3h + MX-300 4-P + MP-T10
Driver
Mizuno MP 630 FT 10,5ª Fubuki Reg
Hello from Portugal!

Here Mizuno is not very well known, apart from the Algarve where there are a lot of English people enjoying their retirement.

Here Mizuno is sold through an agent with little or no investment in advertising and product placement, fitting or anything else...

In Lisbon we have two major stores and none is "really" selling Mizuno, both have a few items they have stocked and only selling the new stuff on your order. They have no demo or fitting material for Mizuno.

The only place where you can be fitted is on a local course golf shop and because the Head Pro is sponsered by Mizuno (he is the coach for Soren Kjeldsen that left Mizuno for Cleveland). I think (almost certain) that they don't have any launch monitor and that the fitting will be based on your visual interpretation of the ball flight.

I believe that Mizuno should invest a little more on product placement if they don't want to invest in Tour players because they're a very low profile company with great products that could easely be a big brand with great products.

Regards,

Henrique

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
hvcarvalho said:
Hello from Portugal!

Here Mizuno is not very well known, apart from the Algarve where there are a lot of English people enjoying their retirement.

Here Mizuno is sold through an agent with little or no investment in advertising and product placement, fitting or anything else...

In Lisbon we have two major stores and none is "really" selling Mizuno, both have a few items they have stocked and only selling the new stuff on your order. They have no demo or fitting material for Mizuno.

The only place where you can be fitted is on a local course golf shop and because the Head Pro is sponsered by Mizuno (he is the coach for Soren Kjeldsen that left Mizuno for Cleveland). I think (almost certain) that they don't have any launch monitor and that the fitting will be based on your visual interpretation of the ball flight.

I believe that Mizuno should invest a little more on product placement if they don't want to invest in Tour players because they're a very low profile company with great products that could easely be a big brand with great products.

Regards,

Henrique
AMEN to that!!!

HCP
Local club/country
Kalajokigolf, Finland
Irons
JPX850 Forged 5-pw, regular, graphite. Cleveland 588 RTX wedges, 50 and 56 degrees.
Driver
Titleist 913 D2 10,5 degrees. Diamana Blue 62 regular shaft. Mizuno Widec fw3 and 5 woods.
Hello from Finland!

Mizuno in Finland...Hmmm!
You can see Mizuno irons in some bags here, but the brand could make some progress easily here with their outstanding products!

I have tried to get my hands on MX-600 driver for a test with poor results. Local shop only sells Mizuno by orders so you can't try before you by! That is a shame becouse it's not very wise to by driver without trying it first!

Best marketing here seems to be old reliable, mouth to mouth marketing.
If some friend plays with Mizuno, his friends try them also!

Some Golf club pro shops sell Mizuno but these are too far away for me.

So i hope Mizuno makes some effort to get to the people who play by demo days.

AS

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
Only a few responses so far and yet it seems to me that there is a whole market out there - in several countries - waiting to be tapped!!

dfarron

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Blackhawk CC
Irons
Ping i-25 irons, KBS C Taper + stiff, Red/white Golf Pride NDMC
Driver
Ping G , 10.5 loft, Alta S shafft, , Red/white Golf Pride NDMC
Not so much here in the states. Mizuno has a cult following and the players that have them really like them but they are percieved by many as "too hard to hit"

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
dfarron said:
Not so much here in the states. Mizuno has a cult following and the players that have them really like them but they are percieved by many as "too hard to hit"
Now that IS a surprise!! I thought the states would be the one place other than Japan where Mizuno would be HUGE???

Lord of the Divots

HCP
Local club/country
Kedleston Park GC, England
Irons
Mizuno MX 200, nippon ns pro 1150GH tour reg., 1* up, std. length
Driver
Titleist 909 D2 10.5, Diamana BB reg.
I can give another interpretation from Finland.
I think that many people over there believe also that Mizunos are hard to hit/blades. Many were surprised when they saw how forgiving my mx200s were and didnt really know that they did GI clubs.
However i think that the Mizuno blades and the MP line are very well known for the category 1 and 2 golfers as i met a few who have played them their whole life.

tirconnal

HCP
Local club/country
dunfanaghy donegal ireland
Irons
wilson fat shaft
Driver
big bertha 11.5
mizuno are well known in Ireland but not marketed very well,just bought my first mizuno and it is a f60 3 wood 15degrees, its a nice feel so far and goes a mile.next year i will try the mp 200 clubs as i am told they would suit my game as im a 28 handicap.

danapu2000

Local club/country
Campanino Golf Club / Italy
Irons
Mizuno MX25 5-PW Exsar IS2 Regular
Driver
Titleist 910D2 Aldila RIP60a regular
as i told before in Italy the situation is funny

no demo day, no new clubs in the shop, no fitting center

my pro try my hybrid 23° mx700 and he found it fantastic and bought a 20° for himself.... really funny
(so far i'm the only one that has in the bag mx700 is it possible?!?)

all the golf bags here is callaway, taylormade and ping more easy to find and try in any shop

anchorpags

Local club/country
USA
Irons
Mizuno MP-29 / Mizuno MX-300 / MP T-10 Black Satin 64-07
Driver
Mizuno MP-600 / Putter / Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 & BC7
danapu2000 said:

my pro try my hybrid 23° mx700 and he found it fantastic and bought a 20° for himself.... really funny

all the golf bags here is callaway, taylormade and ping more easy to find and try in any shop
Make sure you tell all of your friends what they are missing out on.. Tell your competitors to stay with those other brands..;)

Deemac

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP 69's
Driver
anchorpags said:
danapu2000 said:

Make sure you tell all of your friends what they are missing out on.. Tell your competitors to stay with those other brands..;)
Sneaky!! ;-)

Top Bottom