How heavy are your wedges

dougie

Local club/country
scotland
Irons
mp52
Driver
cobra f speed
Ok so I have black nickle 56 and 51 degrees and a MP52 pw.

I was convinced the 51 was heavier so I weighed my three wedges. The 51 wedge came in at 475g and the PW 30g less.

I've always struggled to hit the gap wedge and I'm planning on replacing it, i can hit the 56 no problem though and it is also lighter than the 51.

So how heavy is my 51 supposed to be?

Thanks.

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I haven't concerned myself with overall weight. Swingweight, or how it feels in my hands and body as I swing just makes more sense to me. Sure, if the overall weight of the club was really high, I'm sure it would be something I eventually feel, but I've done a lot of things like backweighting my irons when I've lengthened them and never reached a point that I felt like it affected me adversely. YMMV...

My gap wedge is D3. My sand wedge and lob wedge are both D9.

The reason is, all have been lengthened a bit to fit me better. The other thing is, I'll just occasionally take a full swing with a gap wedge, but with the sand and lob wedges, I never take anywhere near a full swing from the grass. From a bunker, it might be a different story.

Over the last few years, and this has nothing to do with recovering from my surgeries last year, I've simply revamped how I use wedges, preferring to hit half shots with clubs like the 7-8-9 irons instead of fuller shots with wedges. It's definitely been beneficial for my game.

LOS

Local club/country
England
Ok so I have black nickle 56 and 51 degrees and a MP52 pw.

I was convinced the 51 was heavier so I weighed my three wedges. The 51 wedge came in at 475g and the PW 30g less.

I've always struggled to hit the gap wedge and I'm planning on replacing it, i can hit the 56 no problem though and it is also lighter than the 51.

So how heavy is my 51 supposed to be?

Thanks.
You haven't mentioned what shafts you are using and length. Also type of Grip can affect overall weight

As an old man I have NSPro 950's in all my wedges and at Std Length for Mizuno. Golf Pride Multi Compound Grips.
My 50* and both 56*s weight between 400-410 g T5's and a T4
My RTX3 60* weighs 410g

Top Bottom