Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Lakeside Golf Vammala, Finland
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
Won a match 2 up today. I got two rounds in yesterday also as we had a mini summer this weekend with temperatures climbing close to 20ºC, something we struggled to get in July in 2017. Usually we're getting the first snow around this time. May our golf seasons be long and warm! :)

Here's a picture from the round today:

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
A bit of a confession. I think I figured out the correct feel to how to actually swing a golf club while doing some stretching with a stick yesterday. Today I hit nine of the most effortless, flushed iron shots during the round with three or four other, very good ones in there.

With the long, dark winter months just around the corner, this epiphany should certainly create some unrealistic fantasies about how well I'll be playing next year. :D

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Mizuno Pro 223 (4-AW) Modus3 120s
Driver
Titleist TSi2 Graphite Design Tour AD XC-50s
I did say some time ago I would stop posting all my rounds (as there are so many!) & just update here with the notable achievements - So, although I have been playing well, yesterday was a particular milestone for me - In a board competition at Guildford I had 40pts - Sadly I got pipped for 1st place by one point, but more importantly I got my handicap cut to it's lowest mark (4.2) - One day late for my birthday, but a very happy bunny ...
Paul

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW KBS Tour 120 Stiff , 3 Deg up plus 1”
Driver
Ping G425 Max 10.5 HZRDS Blue Stiff
Nice one! And belated Happy Returns.

Halebopp

HCP
Local club/country
Irons
MP-H5/53/4
Driver
MP-650/ST180
A public service announcement. Don't assume the ferrule is loose if you notice a slight gap in between it and the hosel.

I made a good swing off the 12th tee with my 8 iron but had a weird feeling right after impact only to see the head flying in a beautiful arc to the bottom of the hill, some good 40 yards. After the dust settled we started to wonder where the ball had ended up but, as it turned out, it was one of the better shots of the day. Too bad I didn't make the birdie.

I'm just glad the head didn't reach the brook or that I didn't make that stroke somewhere else with a bigger water hazard or some other junk in front of me.

chrism_s

HCP
Local club/country
Brookmans Park GC, Herts
Irons
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3 & 4 | JPX 919 Tour 5-PW | S18 49/06 54/12 58/08 | KBS Tour X Stiff
Driver
TaylorMade M1 (2016) - Fujikura Pro 71 XLR8 Tour X
Finally got the handicap down on Sunday. Played really well tee to green, even gross over 5 holes and should have scored about 46 pts but my inability to hit chip shots ruined that plan. Either way a cut of 1.2 and down to 20, much more to come!

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Driver
Finally got the handicap down on Sunday. Played really well tee to green, even gross over 5 holes and should have scored about 46 pts but my inability to hit chip shots ruined that plan. Either way a cut of 1.2 and down to 20, much more to come!
Well done Chris - 20 is definitely more like it with your ball striking! - Keep up the good work ... Paul

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour (4-PW) - Project X LZ 6.5 120g - 0.5° Flat - 1/2"+
Driver
Titleist TS3 - HC Project X LZ17 6.5 60g, 9.5°, A1 - 11g
Not been on for ages..... Our course is on full tees and greens all year round. Off of the whites (6,800yds, Par 72, SSS 74) Ive shot 75, 75, 74 in last 2 weeks. Happy isn't the right word to use right now to describe my feelings about my game :eek::p:cool:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
A public service announcement. Don't assume the ferrule is loose if you notice a slight gap in between it and the hosel.

I made a good swing off the 12th tee with my 8 iron but had a weird feeling right after impact only to see the head flying in a beautiful arc to the bottom of the hill, some good 40 yards. After the dust settled we started to wonder where the ball had ended up but, as it turned out, it was one of the better shots of the day.

You have obviously discovered the one most important secret to a better game. :)

I played an executive par 3 course yesterday, par 31 for 9 holes around 2000 yards long. We walked, which only left me understanding what bad physical condition I'm in after my layoff. I hit it good and bad with no real trend towards one specific problem. Using my old Axis putter that Hursty helped me find, I putted like a wizard and salvaged a decent score regardless of missing every green but one.

Wow... It feels incredibly good to be back on the course.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Driver
First rollup of 2019 at New Forest Saturday (5th) - Course fully open with no temporary greens - Colder than a polar bears cold bits! - Nothing to write home about on front 9, missed a couple of good chances for birdie & was 2 over at turn - Started back 9 with a birdie on 10th & after driving through green on Par 4 12th had another there - Pars on 11, 13, 14, 16 & 18 - Birdies on Par 4 15th & Par 5 17th - So 4 under on back 9 & 2 under overall - Tied for 1st in rollup but, not surprisingly, won on count-back - Good start to 2019 ... Paul

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
Picked up TS 3 Friday evening, played yday in a cold wind and certainly picked up between 8 to 12 yards, which is great. Not sure if this thread is for official competition scoring or "casual golf" but looking forwards to meeting my goal of scratch this season with my scoring:)

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
36pts in comp today with a blob on the 8th from the middle of the fairway :mad:

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I played 9 yesterday morning and shot a VERY weak 45 on the front side at Killian Greens. I've set up my practice area in the backyard again and I'm going to work on my rotation with short irons until Monday, when i hope to play again.

MrK20

Local club/country
Germany
Irons
Mizuno / MP 20 HMB; MP 20; T20 / 2; 3-9; 49, 54, 60, Nippon Modus 120 S
Driver
Mizuno / ST-Z / D, 3W, 5W / JPX900 22H / CLK 25H. MRC Diamana D+(D, 3W, 5W) , Fujikura SIX R(22), Fujikura Speeder Hb 85 (25)
I played my first round of golf in the new year - it was winter golf though, so temporary tees and greens, but I don't mind that, at least I got to walk the course with my father. Temperature was around the freezing point with strong winds and as I am someone who gets cold quickly, that really isn't my weather but we still had a blast! We didn't keep score we just played for fun and it was a lot of fun. The whole body was aching at the end of the round from the freezing cold, yet we had a grin on our faces just because we finally got to play golf again.
The wife looked at me like I was crazy for playing in these conditions, but I sure as hell have no regrets! :D

DennisMiller

HCP
Old Age
Local club/country
Killian Greens Golf Club
Irons
MX-1000
Driver
ST-180
I played 9 this morning at Kilian Greens. I was surprised how well I hit it, except for 3 bad shots that all went OB. Overcoming 6 penalties is not so easy, so my 46 really didn't make me the slightest bit unhappy considering where I was until a month ago.

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
73 gross (+1) in the comp this morning for 40pts. This included a Double Bogey on the 2nd..... to say I’m happy with The JPX 919 Tours is an understatement of the highest order

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
73 gross (+1) in the comp this morning for 40pts. This included a Double Bogey on the 2nd..... to say I’m happy with The JPX 919 Tours is an understatement of the highest order
The 919 Tours strike again!!!! 65 a Gross this am, nice start to the year.

PaulBoy

HCP
WHS 7.0
Local club/country
Army GC
Irons
Driver
Played in a club Winter League match at Guildford yesterday - It was freezing! - I had so many layers on I was like Wilbur in the latest British Gaz advert! - Took a while to work out my "Wilbur" swing & started with a double up the 1st, however after that I was level par to the end of the round, so my partner & I won 4&3 - Playing the league leaders who were 4 - 0 in their first 4 games, we managed to hold them to a 2.5 - 2.5 draw ...

Brattz

HCP
Pro
Local club/country
Derby Golf Centre
Irons
Driver
2 rounds this week.....
69 (-1) gross on rufford country club followed up by a 72 (E) gross around my home course at Morley Hayes.
Both rounds off the competition tees...

WalkerCup

HCP
Scratch
Local club/country
British Isles
Irons
Driver
2 rounds this week.....
69 (-1) gross on rufford country club followed up by a 72 (E) gross around my home course at Morley Hayes.
Both rounds off the competition tees...
919 Tours strike again!!! You must have lost a good shot there well done !!!

Top Bottom